Ford Focus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my FC ORP on Friday and installed it yesterday morning. The install is not bad on a new car since the nuts and bolts have not fused together. The instructions were good and I took my time. Had to go buy a few more tools, but that's not a bad thing.

It is louder when you punch it and a bit ricey, but seems to run really well. It does backfire when you run up to red line and shift, so be ready for it. Just cruzing, it gets really quiet when the RPMs are right.

EDITED.....

I think I will need to go with a cat-back now to get a lower tone and it sounds like the Borla is a good choice, but not the cheapest.

I really like driving this little car, you got to work at it to go fast. The Cobra was not to hard, just mash the gas pedal and kill anything that moves.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
03 cobra..why the :-<????

please don't tell me you traded in your 03 for your SVT.

Nothing wrong with the SVT but if what you need is speed...unfortunately the Cobra will give you that with much less of a headache!!!

Regardless, congrats on the ORP. Those ORPs do great stuff for the SVT.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I let the Cobra go to economize a bit. The wife and I want to clear up debt ASAP. The Cobra was my everyday ride so it costs a lot to own and run plus I needed to maintain my winter car since the 03 aint meant for snow. So the SVTF was a good compromise though it seems to use gas really fast. A couple of years from now, I should be able to consider almost any car, so the sacrafice will be worth it.

·
Super Moderator
12,447 Posts
Sorry guys no street racing posts allowed on this board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.