Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did something really stupid today. I fliped my 03 Screaming yellow SVTF while trying to reach for a cell phone.
I was coming up to a corner that I take everyday and dropped my phone. I reached to get it and thought that I had slowed down enough to get around the corner. I then drifted and tried to correct it but it was too late. I lost control and ended up hitting a ditch and rolling the car on its top. There wasn't much damage on the front and sides of the SVTF. It was mostly on the top (like that wasn't obvious).

Before everyone jumps on me, I messed up and payed the price for it. It is my fault so there are no excuses. I guess thats what I get for getting to confortable with driving and not paying attention.

I was wearing my seat belt and walked away with out a scratch. I will try and take pictures of the car as soon as I can. Part of me hopes that Insurance company doesn't total it and part of me hopes they do. I will diffenately miss the best Car that I have ever owned.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: Put the SVTF on its top today

OMG, Im so sorry. Glad that your ok, but damn that sucks to we are down ONE more EAP Screamin Yellow SVT. Sorry bro. Post pics when u get them.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

wow, at least your ok. sorry about the car, id cry if i flipped my car

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Ouch. Glad to hear your okay though, things really could have been worse.

If they do scrap it - I got dibs on the seats! (really)

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

If they total it, the seats belong to the insurance company

Sorry for your loss, but it's good to hear you came out ok.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The seats would diffenetly come out if they total it and don't give me a good price for it. Unfortunetaly I have a feeling that it will be a hard battle to fight.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts

Well the whole thing sucks, but at least you walked away from it. It could have been much worse.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Brian, I'm glad you are okay. I'm so shocked I don't even know what to say. This is truly tragic.
I will be back in town late tomorrow night and will stop by. Again, glad you are ok, especially with the wedding coming up... See you soon bro.

edit: This should be a solid reminder to the rest of us to pay attention when driving. I've known Brian for almost 20 years and he is one of the best drivers I've known, if it can happen to him, it certainly could happen to anyone, be careful out there.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Well, one bright spot from this.. you flipped the car and walked away without a scratch. Meaning the SVTF's structure took the damage like a champ and kept you alive and uninjured. That's encouraging news for us who drive one.

Glad you're ok, and hope insurance will just let you buy it back after totalling it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I had my Fiance's Dad look at the car and he said that they will total it. He has put back together a couple of totaled vehicles. He said that the frame was twisted and that would take a lot of work to correct. Looks like I will have to start looking for another car. Thanks to all for the concern. It has proven to me that I need to actually learn how to handle cars through autox. Maybe if I started in that earlier I wouldn't have lost control.

Thanks again,
Brian

·
Banned
1,031 Posts

Definately glad your alright! always hate to open threads like this!

·
Registered
219 Posts

Maybe if I started in that earlier I wouldn't have lost control.
I'm not ragging on ya, really. But, if you hadn't tried to do something besides driving while driving, you wouldn't have flipped.

Hope your new ride is twice as fly!

askjeffro: vehicle damage with no one injured is not 'truly tragic.' The little kid dying because his crackhead dad used him as a shield in a gunfight is tragic.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Maybe if I started in that earlier I wouldn't have lost control.
I'm not ragging on ya, really. But, if you hadn't tried to do something besides driving while driving, you wouldn't have flipped.

Hope your new ride is twice as fly!

askjeffro: vehicle damage with no one injured is not 'truly tragic.' The little kid dying because his crackhead dad used him as a shield in a gunfight is tragic.
Thanks for putting that in perspective for me, now why don't you stop thread crapping? Not to question the "tragicness" of a dead kid, but that has no business in this thread, I don't think anyone here needs you to lecture on varying levels suffering right now.

Take it to offtopic if you want feel significant by correcting peoples value systems, thank you.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Brian, once I've returned from MN you can use my car as you need to, I should remain in town for a fair amount of time before I disappear again.

·
Registered
828 Posts

thats suxs dude at least ur ok i remeber when i wreck my comp orange focus being stupid. i did 10000 dollars in damage thank god they didnt total mine out keep your head up things will get better i did.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

robszx2sr, what happend to your car if I might ask? it seems like $10,000 worth of damages they would have totaled it. Also thank you, right now I am just trying to keep my head up, I loved that car. (I am probably contradicting what I just wrote) The sad part about it is I was debating on whether to get the Fiance a newer car that would be more practical and sell the SVTF.

Askjeffro, I appreciate the offer and hey now you can actually have your wheels back and some Dunlop winter Sport M2's.

And for what it's worth, it is correct that I shouldn't have been doing anything but driving and I said earlier I don't have any excuses to offer for my stupidity.
(don't read if you don't care to hear any religious statements) Now that it's over I will have to thank God for watching over me. Things could have been alot worse.

·
Registered
937 Posts

Bummer man! It's good to hear you are ok! I've been were you are right now. About two years ago I flipped my '00 GSR go around a corner that I take everyday on my way to work. The city had been doing alot of construction in the area and there was alot of loose dust and gravel. Coming around the corner, the car lost control and began to spin......went up a curb nearly missing a powerline pole and flipped. I wish I could say that I walked away without a scratch, but the truth is that other than the minor cuts on my hand, I suffered two fractured vertebrae in my neck. I had to wear a neck brace for about 3 months, and couldn't drive for the same amount of time. I'm fine now, but the scars of that will always live with me in memory. So much for the GSRs immaculate handling. God I love my SVTF!

If I were you, I would still go get yourself X-rayed. I crawled out of my car by myself, but when they took me to the hospital in the ambulance, it wasn't until they checked me out at the hosp. that they found the frac. vert. It's better to be safe by having yourself looked over. Good luck!

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts

robszx2sr, what happend to your car if I might ask? it seems like $10,000 worth of damages they would have totaled it. Also thank you, right now I am just trying to keep my head up, I loved that car. (I am probably contradicting what I just wrote) The sad part about it is I was debating on whether to get the Fiance a newer car that would be more practical and sell the SVTF.

Askjeffro, I appreciate the offer and hey now you can actually have your wheels back and some Dunlop winter Sport M2's.

And for what it's worth, it is correct that I shouldn't have been doing anything but driving and I said earlier I don't have any excuses to offer for my stupidity.
(don't read if you don't care to hear any religious statements) Now that it's over I will have to thank God for watching over me. Things could have been alot worse.
Not really, I did 14k worth of damage to mine at one point. Still drive it.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

Wow that really sucks about your SVTF.

But the important thing is that you are okay.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Take it to offtopic if you want feel significant by correcting peoples value systems, thank you.
My humblest apologies. Posted in OT.
:bows in polite obedience and exits thread stage left:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts