Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if all 03 Foci have updated instrument cluster info, but the 03 PZEV is pretty cool.. The menu items are a little different, and organized to be easier to read, as they use both rows of the odometer LCD..

Give it a shot if you haven't yet.. Pretty neat!

I'm having way too much fun.. In the last three days I've driven my 00 ZX3 to work, an 02 SVT to work, and an 03 PZEV to work... Makes for fun comparisons while sitting in rush hour traffic!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I can't finger it out for the life of me... Which one is the speedo and which is the tach?!?!?!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I can't finger it out for the life of me... Which one is the speedo and which is the tach?!?!?!
Ummm...The speedo is the one that is at zero when you're not moving?

·
Registered
506 Posts
har har a lot of them are at 0 when you aren't moving...

·
Registered
744 Posts
does your car usually see speeds around 750 - 1100 mph on a cold/cool winter morning?

·
Registered
506 Posts
have you gone through all of those? there's at least 20 different readings, all labeled something different.

·
Registered
506 Posts
how do you get into diag. mode?
when you start the car hold the odometer button in and wait till it says test, then let go, push the button to change to different read outs.

·
I'm Important
277 Posts
you cant mess anything up doin this right... with my luck id break sumthing

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
you cant mess anything up doin this right... with my luck id break sumthing
No...with my luck you break somethings. It's all good though...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Its just a Diagnostic. It resets when you shut the car off.
...You can also reset it while the car is still running by holding the reset button...

...And the speedo is the screen following the 'dtc' screen...It should be the 10th press...I have the list and explanations of all the screens for the PZEV; if anyone is interested, I can try to get it all typed up if I get some free time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts