7,351 Posts
Whats he doing with the drill?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BowDown:
Whats he doing with the drill?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The car ships with various parts in the trunk that are put on at the dealership. I believe that he putting on the "blade" for the front.

Look at the picture directly above it for what I'm talking about.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I appreciate the pics even though I've had some decent "up-close" time with one.

But... That rear exhaust is interesting. The first thing I'd do is convert it to a single exit... I bet you'd gain at least 1hp by eliminating all those 90 degree bends.

[ 04-29-2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
I appreciate the pics even though I've had some decent "up-close" time with one.

But... That rear exhaust is interesting. The first thing I'd do is convert it to a single exit... I bet you'd gain at least 1hp by eliminating all those 90 degree bends.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The exhaust is something that drew and my co-workers attention as well. It's normal to see restricting exhaust for a variety of reasons, however in this application it makes no sense.

The only reason we could think of is that Dodge specifically wanted the exhaust to be "replaced", in a sense creating a need for the aftermarket support. In other words, so people would have a obvious reason to begin modding their car.

Anyone else have any ideas why Dodge would do it? There's nothing there to prevent a nice straight shot through...

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Maybe the bends help compensate for the lack of mufflers? Would the bends cut down on noise output?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts