Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a new set of rims with some almost new tires on them this weekend from a friend of mine. Compared to the stock 215/45/17's on my SVT, what is going to be my MPH difference with the smaller overall diameter tires?

·
Registered
160 Posts
ur speedo will read 5% fast, ur car will sit about .5" lower, but look .5" higher because of the extra space from less sidewall...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know there will be a larger gap in the wheel wells and this size tire is not the size tire I would have purchased but I can't pass up the deal since my Conti's are pretty much dead.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
just take it easy and watch out for potholes. 205/40 tires don't provide much protection.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just take it easy and watch out for potholes. 205/40 tires don't provide much protection.
Yeah, I know. And where I am from, they are really bad here. The good thing about the deal is that I am going to have 4 extra rims, just incase I damage one because of potholes and the smaller tires.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Scholar, I've run 17x7 w/205/40/17 and have no issues with wheel damage. I also ran the tires at 38-42 psi. Yeah, Michigan roads suck.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
thats the truth, im workin on my 3rd sidewall bubble with my 205/40/17 Kuhmo's...st00pid freaking potholes...

next time i get 215's...a little more protection..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts