Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Focus hatchback. The handle on the side of the passenger seat that leans the seat forward so that people can get in and out of the back recently snapped off. I was wondering if there is anywhere I can buy a replacement or if I should start looking elsewhere.

Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The same thing happened to my 2000 Kona. The dealer said that they would have to send it out for repair and that it would take two or three weeks. I was too impatient so I just lived with it. I told myself that I could always get another seat. I haven't seen a replacement part anywhere. Other than a whole seat. Just thought I would throw that out there. I hope it helps...

BTW... Welcome to the jet!!

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Same thing happened to mine.

However, on the passenger seat, you can use the seat angle adjustment lever, hold it, then push the seat back a bit then slam it forward and it will skip right past the locking point. Only thing is that the seat angle will have to be re-adjusted every time you do that.

I just want some SVT front seats that have the nice lever at the top corner of the seat.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
my friend broke mine in my 2000 ZX3 so i took it to the dealer and had them replace the lever and rod inside the seat while i waited ..

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
I have the levers in stock, the big question is what actually broke on yours?

lever P/N 1S4Z-6162762-BA your cost $21.92, lists for $33.22
screw P/N W505003-S424 your cost $.74, lists for $1.34

I had the same thing happen on my 2000 ZX3 when it was almost new, I believe the part that the lever attached to broke and they had to replace the entire seatback pivot.

The r/s pivot is P/N YS4Z-6161184-AA your cost $48.91, lists for $74.10.

These numbers are all for the passenger side seat of a ZX3.

Remember, the ZX3 seats are unique and do not share many (if any) parts with other Foci.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts