Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing some rally cross and later on eventually transform my car into a rally car. Right now i have h&r springs with eibach dampers. Is this set up alright for rally cross? Is the H&R coilover system anygood? I posted this question in the rally forum however i only received 1 response. P-51 said i should look into some inverted struts, or a bilstein set up. Where can i find something like this? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
You'll die (figuratively speaking) with that setup. You're way too low for any sort of offroad driving. You'll need at least as much suspension travel as the stock or SVT stock setups.

If you can get custom spring rates, the H&R coilovers may work. It depends on how high they can be adjusted. For a setup on a budget, I would consider Gaz adjustables from BAT Inc., with the stock ZX3 or SVT springs.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Gaz adj. fixed perch dampers won't work w/ the stock zx3 springs.

Gaz adjs. are shortened to work with lowering springs and running them on std zx3 springs causes them to be at their max. extention length and your going to end up damaging them.

For one of the best rallyx setups, the stock suspension is fantastic and can't be beat for a budget minded racer.

If you want to get serious, looking to Hot Bits or Leda for a true off road suspension worthy of that of the rally car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gaz adj. fixed perch dampers won't work w/ the stock zx3 springs.

Gaz adjs. are shortened to work with lowering springs and running them on std zx3 springs causes them to be at their max. extention length and your going to end up damaging them.
GAZ now offers standard-length shafts on the Focus struts and shocks. Talk to Eric at BAT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts