Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I am getting screwed on our car insurance. I have an 05 Focus, and my wife has a 01 Cavalier. We now pay $145/month with Allstate. Does that seem right? I think the coverage/deductibles are pretty good, but the price still seems high. I tried to be added to my wifes State Farm policy when we first got married. But, they wouldn't insure me becuase of a no-fault accident about a year earlier (which I think is stupid, but that's a whole other rant) Are there any other quality companies out there? I don't want any ghetto insurance, but I would like something cheaper. Any ideas? How's Geiko? Or Progressive?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
mines like $225 a month....with progressive....

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Geico's probably cheaper if they cover your state. esurance may be lower, as well.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
sounds damn good, actually!

i'm paying $110/month for just my focus, and that's with 1 accident on my record. i carry maximum coverage with the highest deductibes ($500).

Mike

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
You can also call your insurance company and ask them if they can get your rate lower, try anything... they aren't going to raise it if they say no, so you have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I recently switched to Geico and saving almost $1,000 a year! I was with Unitrin almost $300/month w/ 20/40/10 and $1,000 deductable for both. Geico I have 50/100/25, $500 collision, and $250 comp. I seruiosuly tried all the insurance companies, and anybody that needs insurance or loking for a btter deal, umstut shop around. Deals are out ther..just need to find them. GTet lots of quotes from other agency's and go from there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts