Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mine used and I don't know how to wash the filter correctly, some one can tell me how please ???

And, according to you guys, should I keep my ITG filter or simply buy a K&N cone filter to replace the ITG who come with the cool flo ???

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The cool flo comes with the ITG filter...Since you paid a crap load for mainly the filter I would keep it on there..I switched mine to a K&N though and love it..You wash the ITG with normal soap and water..thats what I did and no harm came of it..Just make sure you let it dry for a long time as the foam soaks up the water nicely.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Talk to Randy at FocusSport about taking care of it. I believe you need to re-oil it with a IGT oil kit offered by them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll take that filter if you wanna get rid of it
But seriously...its a sweet air filter...dont go throwing it away, its most likely better then a K&N

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
I'll take that filter if you wanna get rid of it
But seriously...its a sweet air filter...dont go throwing it away, its most likely better then a K&N
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree. We could easily just sell a run of the mill K&N and in turn drop the price of the cool-flo substantially, but the ITG Filter is cutting edge technology and is a critical part of the kit. Its not cheap, that is the only downside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts