Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking very seriously about doing a custom dual exhaust. Single muffler and resonator then the split to a tip at the stock location and one off the other corner as a pair. Has anyone tried this and what is their experience? What should I look out for? I'm really looking for something nice visually and with a good sound, nothing too loud. Figure I'll have the black bumper trim cut on the right side to match the left where the new tip will be so they are symmetrical. Also try to have the new tips as flush with the trim as possible for a very finished look (kinda Audi-esque). When going to a custom shop what muffler / resonator types should I look for that won't give me that ricey / blatty town? What's a good estimate on price? Any help / comments are greatly appreciated.

- Michael

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ALWAYS thought this would look sweet on a Focus... havne't seen anyone w/ the balls to do it tho. I keep trying to convince my friend to do it... but it is for not....

I would love to see pics on this if you ever get it done.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by X2BOARD:
I ALWAYS thought this would look sweet on a Focus... havne't seen anyone w/ the balls to do <hr></blockquote>

i got some big ones

i do believe i was the first to do this on focaljet ..

quite old actually , this was done waaaaaaaaaaay back in early 2000 .

specs 2.25 catback with magnaflow muffler removed resonater and split y piped after the rear axle to the rear of the car ..

both tips flow evenly .

cost 150 bux at my buddies muffler shop

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sit'n'on_chrome, yours is pretty good actually, but i still dont think it looks right on small cars somehow. i should say it usually doesn't look right.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks might be nice but am I the only one thinking that this might degrade your performance? (gas slowdown due to "y" section and increased total flow diameter after the split)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts