Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to focus sport and found some very nice headlights and taillights made by hella and morette.

Are these just plug and play or do yo uhave modify the wiring for all the different types? I really like all of them, I just dont want to be buying a hassle. If any of these are plug and play, please let me know or not.

Also, are the projectors they sell on Ebay with the halos plug and play, or do they require some wiring? and what about the carbon fiber tails? Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm not sure if they're plug/play or not, but they're just high/low beam headlights.. Even if you have to do a little wiring, it's definitely not hard. There's been a lot of us on here wiring HID and euro lights, and that's with very little wiring experience.

Those halo lights might have another wire for the halo LED.. but a lot of people have been having quality problems with those lights.

·
Registered
657 Posts
UPDATE: i just orderd some NEW duel halos from a place called RED LINE ZONE (get them at [email protected] or Tel: 909-839-2623) they said that the over seas comp. that makes them, recalled mine and others so they can send out new redesigned ones that fit better. ill let you know how they are when i get them...ROLL ON

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just installed a set of dual Morette headlights last night. No rewiring was needed. They plugged into the stock wiring harness and all wires were cut to lengths appropriate for where they needed to go. There are a couple more wires to be bolted down than stock, but those just bolt right in too. Fitment is quite good (my hood's crooked, but the lights look good). I need to go take a look at them in the sunlight, but they're pretty professional.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I have the Morette taillights and I had to cut off the plugs on both ends and hardwire them since the morette plugs didnt fit the stock plugs..

I probably got an early set..but I dont care they look awesome and perform flawlessly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure if they're plug/play or not, but they're just high/low beam headlights.. Even if you have to do a little wiring, it's definitely not hard. There's been a lot of us on here wiring HID and euro lights, and that's with very little wiring experience.

Those halo lights might have another wire for the halo LED.. but a lot of people have been having quality problems with those lights.
I have both the J Morette triple headlights and tail lights and I had to rewire both but it wasn't that bad of a deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts