Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question... If i remember correctly most people say that when moving the maf up from rite after the filter and before the turbo to the charge pipe rite after the tb that there should be at least 5" or so of stright pipe before the 90 bend to the tb am i correct here??? Also how far down the pipe from the maf should i then mount the bov flange???

let me know cuz im gunna be relocating the maf in the next couple of days or so...

thanks
jason

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Quick question... If i remember correctly most people say that when moving the maf up from rite after the filter and before the turbo to the charge pipe rite after the tb that there should be at least 5" or so of stright pipe before the 90 bend to the tb am i correct here??? Also how far down the pipe from the maf should i then mount the bov flange???

let me know cuz im gunna be relocating the maf in the next couple of days or so...

thanks
jason
MAF after the throttle body?

I'm sure that was a typo... Anyhow, It's not a matter of x amount of straight it's a matter of how far the MAF is from the TB. As far as I know you can place a BOV anywhere before the MAF, but I'd imagine you wouldn't want to get to close either. I know someone will chime in with optiaml placements.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya rite before the tb sorry...

anyone got any info here of about how far from the tb the maf should be and how far from the maf the bov should be??? i figured the bov shouldnt be too close to the maf... i remember reading a post or something by that tom guy and he said something like he thinks there should be at least 5" of stright pipe after the maf before the tb... but it was so long ago i cant remember if that is correct or not so before cuttin my charge pipe i wanna make sure its far enough away from the tb so i dont have to reweld anything... anyone???

jason

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
yea I have mine placed after the turbo for a blow through design. However the company who i got it from (pro-m) apparently went out of business 2 days after i bought the thing. Whether or not you can find anothe blow through or not i dont know. It seems to me a blow through would be much easier being you could locate it close to OEM position and not have to extend wires. The bomz racing CAI worked well as boost tubes! Therefore it already had the spot for the MAF sensor. Then we welded it all up and it was good to go.

Edit: Also after taking note who wrote the post you probably already have the wires extended from your MAF to reach about anywhere. I remember you had a kit on before. It seems you already have the MAF as well. Well anyway good luck w/ it i hope to see it soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts