Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, a few things here....

I hate the stock location, I would like to move the power mirror controller to the cig. lighter location and I'll re-locate the lighter somehwere else. Can I extend the wires and run them through the dash down to where I want to go? Has anyone done this?

If I do this mod, is there a replacement panel I could put in the spot where the power mirror switch goes which would not have a hole in it? Basically a reversed passenger side unit, like maybe the euro focus would have this piece?

Also, does the power mirror have LEDS in it that are not hooked up which I could mod much like the lock switches? If not, does the contour/mystique power mirror swithc light up? IT seems to be about the same.

Thanks

Earl

·
Registered
871 Posts
i relocated all my switches. the lock mirror and the window. all you have to do is lengthen the wires. it is rather easy really.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont need the door panel!! I only need a piece like where the mirror switch is located but with no hole for anything, it will look like the pass. side but reversed--so it fits the drivers side. Also, does the mirror switch have the capability to light up?

thanks,

EARL

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
I think the switch is only paint. The only way to get a coverup pannel is to get the passenger side from a power mirror version of a right hand drive focus.

·
Registered
871 Posts
your welcome earl. oh wait, you didn't say thanks yet......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Actually I've said thanks twice in this thread, once after each post, but once agian, thank you.

Thanks,

Earl

·
Registered
871 Posts
is all good. it is just nice to hear thanks llama or somthing along those lines. not just a generic thanks at the end of your post. its all good though, if yo uhave any other questions about rewireing the doors let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.