Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 460 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
ive got a 2002 svt focus with a short ram intake and nothing else ive got an old sct x2 from my mustang that is UNLOCKED and ready to be used who is this tom and where do i get me a tune from to this thing a bit more fun,

·
Registered
560 Posts
Tom is a real big believer in using a wideband to monitor the car's AF readings. if you don't use one, he starts to belittle you and say your tune is worthless. I see FSWerks very much like I see Cobb Tuning. You can buy your SCT X3 with a preloaded tune that you know is going to run perfectly safe on your car. I have never seen much if any negative press from FSWerks and Cobb Tuning. FSWerks has great customer service, and that's why I will continue to go back to them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have never seen any negative press from FSWerks . FSWerks has great customer service, and that's why I will continue to go back to them.
Agree 100%. FSWERKS has treated me well They baked up a hell of a tune. and i will continue to use them in the future! not to mention the quality of the products they sell. they are bullet proof. I cant wait until I get their front strut bar for my svt

I cant say anything bad about toms tune because I have never used them. and i dont want to say bad things. just because ive heard roomers dosent mean its true. roomers get inflated as they get passed on from one person to the next.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Agree 100%. FSWERKS has treated me well They baked up a hell of a tune. and i will continue to use them in the future! not to mention the quality of the products they sell. they are bullet proof. I cant wait until I get their front strut bar for my svt

I cant say anything bad about toms tune because I have never used them. and i dont want to say bad things. just because ive heard roomers dosent mean its true. roomers get inflated as they get passed on from one person to the next.
http://tinyurl.com/cle8pz

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
490 Posts
That was a crazy little thread this is what I know Randy makes a bomb *** tune when I first started modding thats all I knew the only reason why I didnt have him tune my nitrous stuff is cause I was too cheap to buy a wideband 02 sensor at the time...college student=broke cheap SOB now I have money I have a wideband and stuff....I did tuning with a guy local to me cause he had done focus stuff too but it was alot of trial and error on the dyno like check engine lights popping up with tuning the trans etc etc....now with all the good stuff going in the car like turbo built motor and junk it will be a mixture of TopSpeed since i'll be using their kit cause they have a manifold built more for drag racing than road racing...If I was a road racer FSWerks I would definently go with their kit cause its quality, but for tuning yeah since TopSpeed comes with tuning i'll use that as a base have Randy do some fine tuning hopefully remotely when I carry it to the track...cause I think he can apply the power quicker and of course Lentech since they are the automatic tranny experts....I want to run some real nice numbers and represent the focus community at the Import vs. Domestic World Cup finals at MIR

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've talked to this guy Tom once or twice and all he seems to know is how to promote his product and his product only and when I called some hilly billy was answering the phone and gave me his magic jack number cause he was somewhere tuning on focuses and said the man doesnt have a cell phone....it is 2011 who doesnt have a cell phone?! come on if the man cant afford $50 a month for a prepaid unlimited plan through boost mobile or $35 through T-mobile....I dont think i'll trust the guy with $15k worth of hard earned money in my daily driver all out focus...sorry just stating facts....not to mention the man supports that junk we all manage to scrape up on ebay that they drop on the doorsteps of reputable companies like focussport...I must say though the knock offs did drop the prices of cosworth's stuff like their intake

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tom is incredible! I emailed Tom regarding a question unrelated to tuning on my turbo'd Focci. After he answered my question we started talking about tuning and how much trouble I was having getting this car tuned. Tom stepped in and said that he would help me tune my car...FOR FREE! He helped me fix some issues that I was having that were even non-tune related! Bottom line Tom is the man! If you are having thoughts on having you car tuned, then think no more. Tom will get it done for you, has awesome customer support (for life), and will help with any issues you may have. Hands down will have future Focci tuned by Tom and ************!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tom's Tunes

Tom is absolutely great!

He has worked with me for 3+ years and never let me down. He has solved many issues over emailing him my symptoms and saved med money and time at the dealership and mechanic shop.

Finally 4 years later, my ZX3 has 145,000 and runs better than it ever has.

Thank you Tom!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Since the last two "Tom is a God" posts are clearly fake, I'll chime in that the tune Tom made for me in 2008 is still running 50,000 miles later. The daily drivability is excellent compared to the stock programming. I found him fine to work with through the data logging process (only took two tunes to get it to what it has been running for 5 years.) He is a little cheap when it comes to the customer paying fees from paypal and not giving you a discount if you want a recalibrated tune for another SVT (makes you pay $150 all over again) but a mans gotta make money somehow.

·
All your search engine are belong to me
1,537 Posts
the two newbie profiles that have a total of one post that just happens to be in this thread talking up Tom's programming are kind of comical. I dont know or care about all this drama stuff, but it surprises me that someone would do that lol.

441 - 460 of 486 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.