Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,I just got my 2002 se last month and it has the spi motor! I have 53,000 on it and I love this car so much! How many miles do some of you have on yours?? Do these motors last a long time?? Also what kind of oil are you all running?? Sory for some of the stupid questions I'm just trying to learn about my Focus!

Thank you all so much for your replies!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I'm only at approximately 85,000 but it has been driven hard for quite some time! I've been using Mobil 1 full synthetic (recently switched to the high mileage version) for many, many miles. Runs pretty smooth!

I think they are as durable as one can expect an engine to be. Not that I know how long that is...

Anyways, welcome to the 'jet!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hello all,I just got my 2002 se last month and it has the spi motor! I have 53,000 on it and I love this car so much! How many miles do some of you have on yours?? Do these motors last a long time?? Also what kind of oil are you all running?? Sory for some of the stupid questions I'm just trying to learn about my Focus!

Thank you all so much for your replies!
mine had 90000 miles when I sold it and the engine was a1, I never had to add a single drop of oil in it.

these are pretty good engines and will probably outlast the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
65k on mine. Been thrashed since I got it new on '00. Almost every bolt-on and trick short of a turbo is on it. No worries other than typical maintenance and a coil or two.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts