Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Now the question...
I had my local Muffler Shop put on my muffler, it's a big long, round, chrome one. I paid $90 for parts and labor. They had to use some sort of "S pipe" to get the muffler to come out the side, becuase you know how on the Focus
all the rest of the exhaust comes down the middle and then goes to the left to come out the back side
Now here's the problem. It sticks out like, 4-5 inches past the edge of the bumper. What did ya'll do to get it flush with the bumper? Can I cut the tip? It's stainless steel. I hear it will rust, so that'll probably be a no go. What else to do though? Can I have part of a pipe cut and move everything back a couple of inches? Any and all comments will be appreciated. Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Is there any way the pipe before the muffler can be shortened? Only other thing I can think of is you are sol and you just got a muffler too darn long.
BTW where in WI are you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the pipe can't be shortened. I went over that option with the Muffler Shop many times. Jeeeeez, that sucks. Oh well, I'm having Ford take it off today and put the stock one back on. I live in Hudson, right by the boarder of WI & MN. Middle left side of the state. Whereabout's do you live in WI? (I'm just assuming that you live there because you asked me.)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I live near Manitowoc. I got over to the Hudson area a few times for some conventions. I still never find anyone in my area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had tha same problem, but i held tha muffler up to tha car before i welded it, and it was too long, so wat i did was... customized! 2.5 inch pipe from tha cat. run it to a glasspack* that's rite before your rear suspension, then bring tha 2.5 inch pipe over tha rear suspension and end it with a nice 2.5 inch oval tip, very clean, very loud, not raspy at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts