Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
im going to be running crane stage 2 cams in about 1 weeks, i did anlot of reasearch before purchasing these cams........ to answer your question YES the crower stage 2 is a drop in cam and will work with the stock springs and retainers
good luck

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Im still running my stock springs and retainers. They should be good just as long as you dont go past the stock rev limiter. If you plan on going past the rev limiter i suggest you get some.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by MalibuBlueZx3:
Hey guys, I was just wondering are you running stock spring and retainers for the Stage 2 cams???

Will the Stock springs handle higher lift/duration of the stage 2 cams.

Thanks Guys
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes and yes..no problems..car has 40,000 miles..

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been running my stage 2's on the stock springs and retainers for about 6 months now...no problems as of yet and it happily revs. way up there!!!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
stock springs and retainers here too!

·
Registered
673 Posts
i'm probably one of the oldest ppl with them
since i was one of the first to get them off focusboy when he started selling them for dirt cheap
some have had them before but very few
they really hit when focus boy did his sell

i think i was the 3rd to actually have them on after focus boy
and i've had them for like 8-12 months now

·
Registered
733 Posts
I Picked up the first set up from Walter and installed them soon after with origional springs and retainers. No issues what so ever...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I've had them for a while now (and including the now infamous "oopsy" install). I think I installed them around April at 20,000 miles. I now have 50,000 miles. Idles like a kitten. roars like... well... a really loud focus

Stock springs and retainers. Regularly hitting going between 6500-6800 with chip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts