Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have installed the Z-engineering mount from FS I have noticed something that I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. I am guessing that since its stiffer is the reason why this is happening. I did a search and see some people were talking about vibration so this might be the same thing but I havent seen a fix for it. I have noticed that since I installed it my idle RPM's went down to about 750 from around 950-1k which would explain the vibration in my case I dont know about others. Is there a way to fix this or to just tap the idle up a tad to get the vibration to stop?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vibration cant be normal since the vibration is being caused by the RPM's being lowered at idle. I just wanted to know if there was a way to fix the idling problem in conjuction with the engine mount.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It always idled at 750, you just never noticed it before because it didn't vibrate so much. Trust me, there's no way your car consistantly idled at 1k. If it did, it was broken.

You can get a custom programed chip to raise the idle and take some of the vibration out, but it's kind of spendy for what it does.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dude whatever you do dont drill holes in the mount bushings.....it is supposed to vibrate, the added bonus of putting the power to the ground instead of absorbing it in the soft gooey rubber bushings. Anyway please dont drill holes in the bushings, because people have done that on the jet before and that is stupid....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem. Drilling holes never came across my mind. I did not even know people were doing this, seems stupid to me, wouldnt the bushings give out after awhile?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts