Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2002 Focus and I am thinking of trading it in on a 1998 Ford Mustang GT DropTop. Here are the particulars,

1998 Rio Red Mustang GT Vert w/ 17"'s, Mach, CD, Remote Entry, only 26K on the clock, clean Carfax, and 3yr/36K Warranty. PAYMENT $350

or

Keep the 2002 Focus equipment in Sig. PAYMENT $250

Keep the Focus or get the Stang?

·
Registered
298 Posts
being a former mustang owner and a big mustang fan I would not recommend 1996-1998 mustangs. They have different heads and intake which makes them much much slower than the 1999 and up stangs.

Just something for you to consider.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get the later heads and intake cheap, so I am not too worried about that.

·
Registered
933 Posts
keep focus til paid off then buy another car, keep modding the focus with the extra hundred you save from payment and the extra hundreds you will save on insurance
plus you got the best color

·
Registered
298 Posts
Originally posted by FlyinFocusofCA:
I can get the later heads and intake cheap, so I am not too worried about that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Then I "say go for it." But your insurance will probably rise.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
How long is the term?

if it's 60 months then that car is over 20 grand with interest.

In other words, way too much.

There are 99 GT Verts running around for 15-17K or lower these days. Before I bought the SVTF I almost bought a 99GT 'Vert with the 35th AE package with 17K on the clock for 17 grand. This was back in October of last year.

Essentially, you'll be getting a new car, but it sounds like you're still paying for the Focus.

It's a bad deal in my mind, but I guess it depends on the term and the interest. It's also my understanding that it's not just the headswap and intake, but also some computer stuff as well that is needed. But I do remember that the '96-'98 Verts were the slowest Mustang around, especially in automatic. In fact, I remember smoking one in my SHO, boy was that guy unhappy....

[ 05-06-2003, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Osiris ]

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is 11,900 and my interest is a little high, plus tax, license, negative equity and warranty

[ 05-06-2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: FlyinFocusofCA ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts