Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of mods on my svt...niteshade, painted calipers, wheels (17's) and a few other light mods (nothing major obviously) and am still tossing around the idea of entering the show. I have never done anything like this, I have been to a few car shows, but nothing that I was involved in.

I know the classes are:

ZX3/5 1st, 2nd, 3rd - - - Can I enter this class or not??
Sedan/Wagon 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best SVT Focus 1st - - - How many in this class?

Special Focus Awards:

Best Paint
Best Interior
Best Engine
Best ICE
Focaljet.com Editor's Choice

Im guessing these ^ 5 ^ would be possibles for me (but I dont see myself winning them...lol)

The other thing that is holding me back is the fact I am curious as to how long the car has to be parked? I THINK we are brining two focuses (mine and my dads SE) but am curious as to how long my car would have to sit idle in order to be judged.

I want to enter just for the fun of it, but it would be a lot more fun if I knew there was at least a hint of a chance for me of winning SOMTHING. Maybe you guys can get cheap ribbons that say "good job" for the rest of the cars that dont get trophies/prizes? that way I wont feel so bad

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
SVTs have their own class so you would be in the SVT class.

For the eleventy billionth time, just enter the show already and don't worry about winning! You will tear yourself up inside if you worry about winning and don't!

I know. I entered my last show thinkng that I had a good chance at winning. Just me and one other car in my class. I had a CLEAN car and a good display. His car was dirty, no display, and he sat in it for most of the show.

He won.

I was PISSED for a week or more.

Since then I have learned not to take it too seriously and I enter to have a good time and see everyone else's car.

If you enter expecting, or wanting to win something, you won't.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya the whole not winning thing is more or less 20% of it now (obviously its only 10 dollars...seeing as how I am spending 100 already to get me and my family in and do the rally another 10 wont kill me!)

about the displays...what all are usually on them? i assume its not expected to have one, just a bonus if you do?? I will probably just enter for fun (depending on what I find out about how long the car has to stay and etc)

One other thing that has me a tad concerned is the cleanliness and condition of the other cars? I am not a huge detailer, so since my car will be traveling a good distance, it sure wont be a perfect cleaning job, not to mention my car has a big scuff on the bumper (wont buff out
) a handful of tiny paint chips, and I dont have enough energy left in this 95-105 heat to go out and seriously detail the thing (IE...cleaning up the brake discs which have a bit of rust going on them) and actually using the clay bar kit I bought! Is it safe to assume there are others entering the show that actually drive their car and have a few rock chips/dings etc? I just have it set in my mind that my car will stick out like a sore thumb due to not being car-show spec. Hopefully FOCUS-car-show spec is a bit lower than the likes of SEMA (what I have in my mind...lol)

I am so excited about this entire event as it is, I think the new experience of the first car show would just be an added bonus. I am hoping everyone is as nice in person as they are on the boards, because this community is very helpful.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Most of the cars are not "car show" cars like Tribals car is. His car is a daily driver, but he specifically designs his car for car shows.

Most will be daily drivers. Everyone has rock chips. Everyone's car will probably be a little dirty. Don't fret it! This is not a concours event that judges you on the smallest speck of dust or screw turned the wrong way. I'm driving 12 hours from Oklahoma on Friday, doing the autocross on Saturday, and then the car show on Sunday. Needless to say, my car will be FILTY.....and that's fine. This is the first Jetfest and something that shouldn't be missed.

This car show is a popular ballot event where attendees of Jetfest will be able to vote for their favourite car. You're not out to impress 3 judges, you're out there to show off your car.

Since it is a popular vote show and there will be MANY votes, you shouldn't try to impress one person. 10 people might like your car the way it is while 10 people hate it. You never can tell.

Just display the car the way that makes YOU happy and is an extension of YOU and roll with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awww....shucks, you talked me into it...

I think I will pay the additional fee at the gate, just in case somthing changes and we only take one car (which probably means no car show, but im 90% sure we are taking the sedan for the added people and luggage space)

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Yeah, my car is not a car that will win a Riddler or something. I have chips, I have hail damage, I have door dings. But this is also my first one, and I'd like to be my first at JetFest, cuz I know I am gonna enter more over the years.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My car is a daily driver complete with rock chips, chipped windshield and some scratches courtesy of a buddy trying to unlock my car with a coat hangar. I'll be showing - it gets you a good parking spot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... I like the parking spot thing!
Ya I will for sure show it now. I am just now getting done with my first experience tinting and spraying clear...and the bumper lights and corners look good, but the tails are another story... I like the tint, but I have a few fish eyes and orange peel in the clear, so I sanded it but the fish eyes are still very apparent. I am having a guy I know that does paint clear them for me, so hopefully they turn out ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts