Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The power company does not turn systems down at night. too expensive . One light on is no different than one car plugged in. Scrubbers are being installed as we speak. Use it or loose it. Kind of like your converter. I really can't believe that you really say that power companies are putting more in the air and sewers than over a billion out of date cars whose emission systems stop working after three years. That just shows that you went

to public schools. My next objective is to go off grid. Ford has partnered with several companies to offer almost of the grids systems to focus electric owners for ten grand .What are you gonna say next. I gotta hear it! You act like a baby whose lost his sucker. Who are you protecting? Is oil in your blood? I'm sorry, it is isn't it? Ohhhh, you meant smug! No this is embarrassing. I push on though.
smug smug power company smug smug public schools smug smug I'm better than everyone else because I own an electric car, hug trees, and sniff farts smug smug. Did I pretty much summarize this correctly?

Yes, I'm an AMSOIL dealer, I weld every day with iron powdered electrodes and argon gas, I grind thoriated tungsten as well, and my investment portfolio includes Chevron and Shell... just soak up all that pollution and radiation... mmmm smells gooooooood! What aggrevates you smug types makes me happy.

Not only have you proven how smug you are, you've given me another reason to never own an electric car. In fact, it makes me want to buy an old cummins diesel and roal coal everywhere I go. Thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
258 Posts
As I posted in one of your other threads:

Not to start trouble with you, but first you post ALL OVER Focus Fanatics with the same message repeatedly, and now you are coming here to do the same. If you want to show off the car and share pictures, news, progress, what have you - then by all means go for it! The Electrics are nice-looking versions of the Mk3. However, this frankly will annoy people.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is there a really good reason for a mod to not spank Mr. Focusallelectric with the Ban Stick and send him on his way?

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
Well apart from being an indoctrinated greenie that can't see the forest for the trees, he has done anything wrong. He's entitled to his opinion even if it is short sighted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well apart from being an indoctrinated greenie that can't see the forest for the trees, he has done anything wrong. He's entitled to his opinion even if it is short sighted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
You got it all wrong sir, my car might be the cleanest( my car not the power plant- way dirty, I work in them ), the quietest, the most efficient use of heat, and last but not least- the best darn Focus there is, it by no means saves the trees. They breath on carbon dioxide. That's where you come in, see electric cars don't allow a tree to breath. Your gas guzzler is what performs that task. Just who is the tree hugger now? Nissan got that all wrong; the Ford focus I drive starves the trees and makes their leaves turn brown and fall off. I guess you are gonna tell me gas cars don't produce carbon dioxide right? I burn trees in my gasified car!!

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
smug smug power company smug smug public schools smug smug I'm better than everyone else because I own an electric car, hug trees, and sniff farts smug smug. Did I pretty much summarize this correctly?

Yes, I'm an AMSOIL dealer, I weld every day with iron powdered electrodes and argon gas, I grind thoriated tungsten as well, and my investment portfolio includes Chevron and Shell... just soak up all that pollution and radiation... mmmm smells gooooooood! What aggrevates you smug types makes me happy.

Not only have you proven how smug you are, you've given me another reason to never own an electric car. In fact, it makes me want to buy an old cummins diesel and roal coal everywhere I go. Thanks for the inspiration.
Is it faster to weld with gas or electric?

·
3,240 Posts
My wife and I just drove from Florida to Maine on two 14 gallon tanks of diesel in less than 24 hours. When you can do the same in your fabulous electric in less than ten days, come talk.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
My wife and I just drove from Florida to Maine on two 14 gallon tanks of diesel in less than 24 hours. When you can do the same in your fabulous electric in less than ten days, come talk.
Damit why can't we link up when I am in town visiting?

·
3,240 Posts
Damit why can't we link up when I am in town visiting?
It's not in the stars brother. I think Mercury has be in Venus' closet sneaking a peak while a garden gnome is in retrograde.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Is it faster to weld with gas or electric?
Dude...you are ruining the "good vibes" that have been developed over the last 10 years between those of us that enjoy electric vs. those that enjoy the freedom gasoline or diesel provides. You can be pro-electric without insulting some very intelligent people that you're attempting to sway.

FWIW, the electric Focus is not all that "great" of an electric car. You could "roll your own" for half the price, and end up with twice the range and equal or better performance.

Bring a carrot, not a club, to this fight. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm getting my electricity cut off. Switching over to a furnace that burns batteries.

·
3,240 Posts
I'm getting my electricity cut off. Switching over to a furnace that burns batteries.
My company recycles a lot of battery scrap each week. Lemme know if you need some Li-ion cells in aluminum cans to burn in that furnace of yours. We've scrapped about 100 lbs of the stuff in that last three days alone. ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
My company recycles a lot of battery scrap each week. Lemme know if you need some Li-ion cells in aluminum cans to burn in that furnace of yours. We've scrapped about 100 lbs of the stuff in that last three days alone. ;)
Only 100? I'll need much more, I'm aiming to keep efficiency levels under 1 percent... :)

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Toss some old tires in there with them if you're looking for increased efficiency. Some used motor oil will help get the fire going....just in case.;-)

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
And THIS is ONE of the issues with electric/Hybrid systems I have. Tree huggers can't get past the MPG point to see the whole picture. Second point is the safety factor of the EMT/Fire Department/LEO/recovery team that have to put their lives on the line and receive special training to respond to these vehicles.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Toss some old tires in there with them if you're looking for increased efficiency. Some used motor oil will help get the fire going....just in case.;-)
That sounds much better than my original efficiency reduction secondary fuel, used puppies.... :D :mentally unstable chuckle:

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
And THIS is ONE of the issues with electric/Hybrid systems I have. Tree huggers can't get past the MPG point to see the whole picture. Second point is the safety factor of the EMT/Fire Department/LEO/recovery team that have to put their lives on the line and receive special training to respond to these vehicles.
Here is what's known as a "stereotype." :) I can grab a couple dozen guys that have electric cars, and if you ask them why they like them, you'll get two answers for the most part. The 1st is torque. The second is cheap operating costs. As soon as a gas car can drive 250+ miles on less than 10 bucks of fuel, run the 1/4 mile under 12 seconds for less than 10 cents, let me know :). Oregon has plenty of treehuggers (and plenty of trees), but we're also well aware there's always a compromise. The replacement for displacement is the electric motor. How we power it, is going to be key.

As for EMT/Fire training etc., you're absolutely correct and only a fool would argue that fact. But we're also not talking about something that can't be tackled. We have more 7000 vac LIVE power lines that drop in high winds than hybrids involved in serious auto accidents. But... it still needs to be taken into account that there's a potential for serious injury. I can't find a single case of electrocution except via hearsay. Maybe you have, so I'll take your word for it. You never lied to me yet. :)

It would be nice if there was some sort of magic remote control that could disable a battery pack. I guess that's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards diesel/electric hybrids vs. pure electric. A small battery pack for instant launch, small diesel genset for cruising down the road and the added benefit of fast refueling most anywhere one could drive.

Pure EV's will take over "sprint type" within the next few year. Autocross will be dominated by electric, 1/8..and soon 1/4 mile will be ruled by electric as they're already in the 6 second area. But, the cool thing about the racetrack is the safety measures can be taken to greatly reduce your risk concerns.

I posted it in another thread, but there are now electric motors for sale that put out 500 lb ft. of torque and only weigh 60 pounds. These are water cooled brushless motors that can be powered on as "little" as 200 volts, or as much as 700. 350 gets you 500 pounds of torque. They're also only 13 inches in diameter and about 4 inches thick. These motors can be "pancaked" or run inboard as single units driving the wheel via half-shafts. A Focus with the potential of 2000 pounds of torque and 400 horsepower gets me a bit....um, excited. :D

Why would not anyone be interested in both MPG and performance? :)

That sounds much better than my original efficiency reduction secondary fuel, used puppies....
Puppies help filter out the smoke...so I've heard. :evilgrin:

Lemme know if you need some Li-ion cells in aluminum cans to burn in that furnace of yours.
This was a high altitude fly-over for some as we all know Li-ion cells can't be started on fire without drenching them in puppy juice first. I really hope people reading this thread know we're goofing around. It's that damn Canadians fault if someone gets upset (points finger in a northeasterly direction). :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I was going to say orphans instead of puppies.

This thread was degenerating fast, I figured I'd take it to a newer, lower level... :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts