Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the Focussport Cool-Flo fit with the front SVTF (ram air) air intake that comes up to meet the stock airbox from the bottom? Does it connect like it does on the stock box, or is it just left hanging there?

Also, is it much louder than the stock airbox?

thanks

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
the snorkel is tight but it'll fit in there..not "hanging there" per se... but you wedge it in and it goes... i've got this setup on my ZX3.

Its louder.. but not annoying. Very nice!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, does this hold true for the SVT Focus as well? I know the inlet on the front intake is larger than that of the standard Focus, (my friend has one) but I don't remember if the actual diameter of the pipe leading to the intake box is any bigger.

thanks, Joel

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I live fairly close to Focus Sport and so I had them install the COOL-FLO on my SVT and the fit is perfect, and the sound when you get on the throttle is pure music to the ears. Maybe you could call them and see if they can give any insights on the install, etc.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I installed the CoolFlo and kept the snorkel from the inlet to the end of the piping, but not the plastic outlet that clicks into the stock airbox. The tube doesn't reach the CoolFlo, but cool air while driving is at least getting closer to where it should be going.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys, and if anyone has anything to add please do.

I'm gathering from what you all have said that the Cool-Flo doesn't have an engineered mounting spot for the stock "snorkle" intake, but does have an opening to accept the cool air flow from it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it was ElderFeces who has the combo of FS Cool-Flo and FC throttlebody. This was the combo I had in mind when asking these questions, so I'd like to hear comments from people with this combo about the two, such as how they fit together, and perform together, or even seperately, and also ease of installation since I'm no mechanic.

I've searched on these subjects, before you ask, but too much info is usually just about enough for me.
I'll probably contact Focussport soon, and will share any further info I receive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts