Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Contact the Kansas Highway Patrol offices and ask for their package on licensing a "kit" car. The information is geared more for someone building a brand-new vehicle but is quite helpful as to what Kansas laws are to necessary items for the street...head/taillights, brake lights, turn signals, windshield and wipers, etc.

As mentioned before, as long as you maintain the VIN numbers on the dashboard plate then licensing as a Ford Aerostar mini-van should remain intact even after modifications.

One option is to shed the body after the driver and passenger seats and make it a pick-up or cut the top off behind the front windshield and remove the side windows behind the driver's compartment.

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.