Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people make theirs out of vinyl, Im I just able to go keep up some vinyl and make it myself?? if so where could I pick some up?

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
It just does, I think its self adhesive?
Just follow this installing them. Here
I would cut the general shape, apply, let dry, then cut the final shape and trim around the edges on the light.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I was looking at the directions, its basically how you do the cling tint, I can do that.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to buy some online, but then figured I can make them myself for cheaper, and have them be better looking, thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
only thing with using it like the cling tint, is that its probably going to lift up during heavy rain on the interstate. Theres a lot more wind on the front of the car than on the rear tails. The cling tint didnt work for me, and I made sure it was a perfect fit and seal to the headlight.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
he just said its LIKE the cling tint on installation, and yes, its exactly like that. Wet the sticky side, lay it down, and squegee the water out. In 5 minutes its dry, the next day u can power wash it and it wont budge.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
cling tint caused my headlights to crack....booo

.....but it looks good on my tails

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I think my heads are cracked too from the cling. But anyway, on the way to JetFest, I lost my right eye and spots25 ran it over, so I had to improvise and hide the nasty cracks, and got some more tint at AutoZone in South Bend. Does'nt look too bad, I gonna keep them for awhile.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cling tint caused my headlights to crack....booo

.....but it looks good on my tails
after I made them, that happened to my headlights as well, it wasnt pretty having a freakin MILLION hairline cracks on the headlights, doesnt do good for structural integrity. so im premanently putting eyebrows on as my response to it.

I remember with my cling tint brows, the drivers side stayed on perfectly, but the passenger side refused to stay on even for one trip, so I had to take them off, surprisingly enough the the passengers side with all the cracks, the drivers side is flawless... seems to be a continious fault with my Focus, the passenger side headlight always is the one to screw up.... oh well, time for vinyl ones

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
my current theory is that the tint some how traps the headlight heat, and maybe the headlight plastic isnt made for that much heat. I never thought to touch the headlights to see if the brows were hotter than the rest, never thought it would be a problem. Oh well, warranty is a beautiful thing.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the tint uses static electricy to stay on the car doesnt it? I know when I peel it off I hear that kind of noise, maybe that plastic isnt good for conducting static electricity...

what else i thought was just all the p^ressure we put on the headlights squeegeeing out the water, could start those hairline crack..

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: quick eyebrow question. still searching!

still searching for vinyl material, people say I wont be able to just buy it from a store to make eybrows out of, anyone got any ideaas about online?

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

Anywhere online. Go to ebay and do a search for "oracal black"

·
Registered
109 Posts

That's freakin crazy how the headlights crack with tint on them?!?!

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

What do you mean you can't buy it from a store? If you go to a sticker/vinyl/sign shop, they will sell you a couple feet of material. It all depends on what color your car is. Some colors are not availiable in a vinyl.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts