Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checkin on prices for a few new goodies and I noticed that New Edge is selling the pacesetter header for on $199. Why is this soooo much cheaper than the focussport or ford racing header.($349 and $374)roughly

** I probably should of searched for this, but let's face it, that takes too damn long and I am Definatley too lazy look.**

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The Pacesetter is a ceramic coated "mild steel". The Ford Racing is a Jet Hot coated stainless steel and includes more accessories like all the proper replacement gaskets, bolts, and heat shields. I'm not sure on the specifics of the Focus Sport header, but I would guess it's also stainless or simply a better product than the Pacesetter.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that seems like a very steep price for the pacesetter header. I got mine for under 130 shipped

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
you probably got an uncoated header then. $199 is for the "armour coated" version. the uncoated is $124.

either way as MFP.com said, they're not very good quality. a SEARCH
would have reveiled that a few people have had problems with leaking from cracks. not a very wise buy if you ask me... $200 (for the GOOD one) only to have to replace it in a year or so. even if it does come with a warranty and you get another one free, do you really feel like trying to: uninstall stock header, install new header, uninstall cracked header to ship back, install stock header, uninstall stock header, install new header, repeat??? believe me, this is not a process you will want to do a second time if you don't have to.

Nate

·
Registered
379 Posts
ah that is correct.. I bought the uncoated ver. to give it a test run.. see how things work out with it

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have the Pacesetter coated header. No problems in the last year. Just ask yourself, "How much should a header cost?".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts