Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i would just like to get a few opinions from you guys on a brand of wax/polish called liquid glass. ive read several reviews about it from other jetters and they have rated it pretty high. currently i use Meguiar`s Gold Class liquid wax on my car but as my bottle is running low i was thinking of switching to liquid glass if it offered prehaps better results or protection. if i had the money and time id buy the zaino brothers package but i just dont have much of either one right at the moment. so if you jetters could give me some feedback on prehaps which of the two you think is the best then i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I believe its called Liquid Gloss??? My friend used to use it on his Prelude all the time, he says its really good.
I havent found an auto store that carries it yet.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Liquid Glass is a very good product and provides a great shine and protection to the paint finish.I use to use it many years ago when I had my 1988 Corvette but it does cost more to purchase something in the range of $14.95 per can.You can find it at Pep Boys and possibly AutoZone.I use Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax on my cars because of the shine,durability and protection to the paint plus you will see that many jetters use it also and are extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you use store bot products go with a bottle of zymol by turtlewax or meguiars #26 high tech yellow wax. But if you got connections to someone at a car dealership or detail shop try to get ardex (i think thats how its spelled?)liquid wax. It took me 5 min to wax my sedan!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Liquid Glass comes in a gold can,its actually a polish sealant. They carry it a sears about $17 a can. It was one of the best in its day as was any of the meguiars including gold class. They are all old school. You can use Zaino its great and expensive. i now use aproduct called Slick Shine from Auto Tech. I used zaino did everything according to the instructions and it came out great after spending 1/2 a day. I used the Slick Shine and couldn't believe I got the same shine in less than 20 min. Just to be sure I had a couple of freinds check it out and they couldn't tell the difference. Why don't you call Auto Tech 1-800-545-8624 and talk to Rich or Dave. There great and will answer any questions you may have. Oh by the way Slick Shine's about $10 a bottle.

2002 pitch black FSVT

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: Liquid Glass

Liquid Glass is one of the few products that I use (I have used it for a few years). I don't detail my car as often as I should, but when I do, I want it to look good. I have no complaints about Liquid Glass. It goes on and comes off easily and leaves a shiny, smooth surface behind.

I also tried Zaino when I first got my current car. These two products seem very similar to me. They are both non-wax waxes (they aren't waxes, like carnauba; they bond to the paint/clear coat). They are applied and come off similarly and leave similar shines.

The Advance/Discount Auto parts carry it in my area (an advantage over Zaino for the lazy side of me).

·
Registered
153 Posts

You are 1/2 right they both bond to the paint , only liquid glass bonds so well its hard to get off. This sounds good in theory but it has 2 disadvantages it yellows ,Zaino doesn't and read the can it has a sh-t load of directions just to remove it, don't beleive me take the can to a bodyshop and see what they have to say It does work well as does the zaino. Try the slick shine for the same shine in 20 min. You won't be able to tell the difference. Just ry it what do you have to lose!

·
Registered
4 Posts

I use a product called Klasse. This is a German product that is similar to Liquid Glass...as it is a clear acrylic sealant. After spending many years using Meguire's step products, Klasse is truely in a different league. It lasts up to 8 months (All in one) and up to 12 months (with High Gloss Sealant Glaze). I was drawn to this product b/c I live in Minnesota and the harsh winter doesn't allow for detailing (let alone frequent washing)and my days of "frequent detailing" have long been over. Additionally I drive 99% highway and my car is subjected to many a salt bath...and front end sandblasting. I used both the All in one and sealant glaze, doing a couple of coats on the front end, and a year later, I can honestly report only three paint chips...amazing. Not only that, but a good hand wash and microfiber towel dry, and the finish looks almost as good as just detailed. You can read somemore about it here:
link

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts

I've tried everything in the 10yrs I've been doing this. The best wax is Collonite, sealant is Vitreo. Both can only be purchased online or distributor. Zaino is good in that you don't need to wait a long time, the Vitreo glaze must be left on for 24hrs. You have to clay before you wax so you'll need that too. The blue Clay Magic bar is the best, but expensive. The red one is too harsh and has to be buffed after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts