Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know what is the quietest exhaust with a high flow cat, had a bosal too buzy even with the silencer, that was with the Random Tech

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
stock is probably the quietest.
then probably the FS quiet...

then it gets interesting

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by focuzedfocus:
Need to know what is the quietest exhaust with a high flow cat, had a bosal too buzy even with the silencer, that was with the Random Tech
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HKS is easily the quietest cat-back system for the Focus.

At 12" from the tip (on an idle), my car is 75 db (A weighting). Every exhaust I've measured so far is at the least, 5-10 db higher (at an idle, 12" from the tip).

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by zetecwagon:
To save some $$$ just add a resonator to your Bosal, that should help a lot!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by focusgeorge:
No quetion the HKS is the quitest exhaust ever.I can get you the cat back for 500.00 give me a call at (909-612-1644 thnx
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Really? You think its that far off the apexi and focus sport? I think the apexi sounds almost exactly like the HKS, only it fits the car rather than having that sideways muffler crap. Either way those are all great exhausts and you cant lose with any of them.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by Andy Smith:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by focusgeorge:
No quetion the HKS is the quitest exhaust ever.I can get you the cat back for 500.00 give me a call at (909-612-1644 thnx
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Really? You think its that far off the apexi and focus sport? I think the apexi sounds almost exactly like the HKS, only it fits the car rather than having that sideways muffler crap. Either way those are all great exhausts and you cant lose with any of them.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I posted the SPL of an HKS cat-back with stock ZX3 cat-forward exhaust. Take an SPL reading of the Apexi and compair. I took mine at idle, 12" from the tip with the "A" weighting scale (just so we're apples to apples.

I like the sound of every Focus cat-back I've heard. Problem is, I live in an area that I want to be quiet in. At <80 db under 2000 rpm, I'm quiet as a mouse. It does get a nice sound when I start putting gas to it. By 4000 it's really sweet!

Also, I want to run the SVT header/cat/flex and still stay quiet.

And I'm weird.....I like the strange sideways muffler.
Everyone knows it's an HKS. Not one Focus guy has asked me what cat-back it is. They know.

It looks like we have a choice of at least three quiet, but still nice performing, cat-backs.
They're all nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts