Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what muffler you guys were using to quiet these systems. My aftermarket has one large canister magnaflow muffler (not sure of design). There is alot of caban noise as well as spitting and choking coming off rpms The outside sound isnt very loud. Was thinking either a good long glass pack or a screw design muffler. I will be running a race header in a couple of weeks and i think the sound would be unbarrable the way its setup right now. Suggestions?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im using the Dynomax Thursh on my 2.5 Borla. It was only $18 from Summit and works really well. Its a smooth perforated core.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by bartlomiej:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by bugshack:
[QB]Im using the Dynomax Thursh on my 2.5 Borla. It was only $18 from Summit and works really well. Its a smooth perforated core.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what is that?
I know modern performance sells a 2.5in resonator that you can get welded in for 50 bucks.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is exactly what you see! It works well and it's cheap. Can you handle that? The $50 one wont work any better.This is for the folks that can do their own work.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Originally posted by bugshack:
[QB]Im using the Dynomax Thursh on my 2.5 Borla. It was only $18 from Summit and works really well. Its a smooth perforated core.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what is that?
I know modern performance sells a 2.5in resonator that you can get welded in for 50 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts