Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have my XMODS out there. I recently picked up a second chassis to work with, and moved all my upgrades from the broken one to the new one, so I have a nice clean slate.

I plan on bringing what I've got. It's nothing special though. Anyone else bringing their R/C?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
oooh that might be fun

i don't have an RC car but i bet we could set something up

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just have a base xmods with just a few xmod upgrades nothing crazy like i've seen some people have...i can bring mine along.
I have a LOT of the XMODS stuff from radioshack, and a few "crazy" upgrades but they're reliability upgrades, not go-fast:

Bodies:
Yellow Skyline body with all the body kit pieces (it's by "beater" body that I use for racing)
Red Cobra with all the body kit pieces
Silver Corvette body

Chassis:
One Base XMODS chassis
Enough spare suspension and drivetrain parts for 3 or 4 cars
Enough electronics to build a second car (including a second transmitter and 2 different frequencies of crystals)

Upgrades:
Stage 2 Motor/gear kit
5 sets of wheels
40 tires in all 4 tread/hardness combos, give or take (I go through them pretty quickly when I race a lot)
My soft tires are usually glued to the wheels
2 AWD kits (mostly, bought to replace broken steering knuckles, but having a fist-full of differentials helps too)
Ball bearing upgrade
Steering/Suspension Upgrade
Command Logic headlights and taillights
Command Locic green underbody neons (LED's)

"Crazy" upgrades:
Billet Aluminum Steering Knuckles (Got sick of the stock ones breaking)
Billet Aluminum 0* Steering Rod
Billet Aluminum Rear Axle Shafts (dogbones)
Billet Aluminum Rear Axle Cups (got sick of these breaking too!)
One of my ball differentials burned out so I glued it together on the inside for a locked solid rear axle drag race spool
(which is why I broke so many rear axle cups, BTW)

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Me and my dad was thinking about brinking some of our cars. WE have ALOT of stuff. I know I'll bring my Focus shell for the car show, but I don't know about bringing cars to race. If there is any interest, we could maybe bring some stuff, but he'll prob not let anybody race em but us, since some of them are expensive.
We have the 1/10 scale ones. Heres kinda of something we might bring. But not this one...
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/o2designs/115.bmp[/image]

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
ive got a suby sti xmods car...stock though i got it for my bday..... stupidist thing in the world i used it for like 20 seconds and then put it away..... if u wanna buy it PM me lol

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In stock form they're weak. I probably wouldn't pay more than $15 for a used one in good condition, especially since it would likely be a parts donor.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Heres the car I'll be for sure bringing. But not to drive, its my dust collecter

This might be the car we bring to actually run and kill time with. I don't know. I know the car will be cramed full of crap. And hopefully cramed full of more stuff on the way back
, so we might not have enough room for the starters, tools and nitro for it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I might bring my R/C truck to mess around with in the parking lot - but I doubt it.

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so these cars actually get significantly faster with the upgrades? maybe i should look into it more
If you have cash, go to www.atomicmods.com. You can get some insane upgrades, all the way to high voltage lithium ion batteries, piggy-back control boards that can handle higher current, and a bunch of little pieces too. It's where I got some of my billet aluminum parts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have 3 stampedes, a team losi buggy, 2 emaxx's, and a tmaxx. Plus many many parts. If I can get my fast stampede to run by the time I leave I might bring it. But it wont be doin its regular 50-55 mph runs. I got a slow motor in it right now. One stampede is runnin a brushless, one is runnin an evx with two batteries, one is pretty stock. The tmaxx is broken, we hit a rock at about 45 mph and broke a titanium bulkhead. One emaxx is brushless, one is built just from spare parts and is only rear wheel drive. The team losi buggy hasnt ran in prolly a year or so. The tmaxx is the fastest but probably has about $2k-2.5k in it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hmmm I might try to squeeze in one of my electrics... I have a brushless Emaxx, a brushless t4, a brushless rustler, and a brushless xxx-s (all novak brushless systems).

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I had a brushless in out Custom Works sprint. I could'nt stand the thing. It seemed like it had no power.

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, my puny xmods car will pale in comparison to anything like an XXX-S or an eMaxx. Maybe I'll bring some zip zaps and bit-charg's for you guys to run over...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts