Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to the 1/4 for the first time tomorrow. I have been to the 1/8 a few times, so I am not exactly a rookie, but pretty close. I was wonering if just for kicks I should put some race fuel in? Will it help my times any? Check my sig for my mods. I will be running on regular 16 inch focus wheels up front with 205/50/16 Sumitumos HTRZII (just got these to burn up on the track since I dont want to ruin my nice potenzas out there), and the rear will be my stock 17s with potenza re750 215/45/17. Any and all advice welcomed. Also, I pulled a 10 flat most of the time on the 1/8, and hit 9.9 two or three times. About what does that equal to on the 1/4? Thanks for the help.
02 svt
check sig for mods

·
Registered
751 Posts
With your 1/8 times, you're anywhere between a 15.1-15.3 I'd guess. As for the race fuel, it depends if you can justify the price. You wont gain that much, plus you still have some regular gas in the car, which would screw with the ratings.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
no race fuel, computer wont take advantage of it, waste of money, 93 premium which is what you have to run anyway.

9.9 in the 1/4 eh. in the svt...that will equate to a 15.3, a .2 is possible w/good weather and a clean run. good luck

-Ult

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But, if I did, it really wouldnt hurt anything. Right? Or, would it do more damage than good? I will have about 1/8 a tank of 93 left in it when I get there tomorrow, if I do get some race fuel how much should I put in?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I wouldn't do it on the stock motor...My friend Mike has a high compression motor and he uses the 110 leaded stuff at the track sometimes, but its not gonna make that much of a difference. I don't even run race gas in my muscle car...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
race gas isnt going to do any damage persay but it will not do you any good

its not a matter of "It can't hurt so I'll add some in"...

your car will make the most horsepower on the lowest octane as long as you are not detonating

unless you are adding timing or boost because you can with the race gas as opposed to the 93, you will not see any gain

in cars that use it...they are not faster because the race gas but rather because they can retune their car with the race gas...either adding timing, or boost, or both

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
just don't run leaded, you will kill your cat.

·
Registered
659 Posts
just don't run leaded, you will kill your cat
race fuel is leaded fuel

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Tru is right on this, although race fuel won't hurt anything (mechanically) I don't think it will help with your setup. Higher octane actually has a slower burn rate so all you'll get from it is an increase in pollution to both the environment and your crank case. I think you'll actually have better performance on 91 in your car, but if you get detonation on 91 then step up to 93. I run 93 with my JRSC and it works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts