Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew in the project car of SCC that they had metioned a bolt on high flow cat that Focus Sport was supposed to release. Did they ever release it or is there some other bolt on cat that fits a racer header?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
i asked them about this about a year ago and they said it was a no go thing. FS claimed there wasn't enough demand for a cat that would work with the race header. the thought is that it's for "off road use only" and catalytic converters can only hamper exhaust flow so anyone using a race header wouldn't need or want a cat.

Nate

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well i am looking for the best setup that gives the best power while not throwing any engine codes...I haven't heard anything good about the JBA headers. Focus performance offers a down pipe that has a race cat welded in but that setup would use a shorty type header. The racecat is like 350 bucks..I'll take any suggestions thoughon the best set up. Peace

Lox

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
the problem is that without relocating the air senors to whereever you mount the cat you're still going to trip a CEL and even with a custom cat you'll fail visual inspections in most states. the SHM race header has an area to mouunt a cat as there is space between it and the flex pipe, but it's kind of expensive. you're best bet is to get a race header and a MIL eliminator. www.mcnewsautomotive.com sells both. once emmisiions time comes around just swap the stock stuff back on.

Nate

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well its not the emissions I am worried about. In kansas we don't have inspections on our vehicles. I am just conderned about the use of the vehichle as an everday driver. Is the MIL eliminator just the cheater for the o2 sensor?? If so is that a reliable part/ thing to do on a daily driven car??? Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have a raceheader, Borla, and an 02 cheater.

Basically it hasn't thrown a code... but I also have a chip that sometimes suppresses the cell.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have the steeda race 4-2-1 header no cheater all o2 plugs installed and havn't thrown a code it been in for a couple months now

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Couldn't someone swap in a full SVT exhaust instead? That would get you your underfloor cat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts