Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to make sure that the car DOES NOT go into limp mode when the CEL is thrown for installing a Race Header? Is this correct or has something changed? thanks!!

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I asked too and got this from Noresull. Other thread

Any other answers are appreciated. Does anyone know if there will be driveability issues or anything else that may be of a surprising nature?

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you use a O2 Cheater it will not. Cost like $35.00 and can get it from just about any of the Focus parts dealers. I just had a FC race Header installed on my car and used the O2 cheater, and no problems what so ever. One more thing, you are going to love your race header, it will make a different.

·
Registered
412 Posts
you have to use the O2 cheater for the use of a race header.because the o2 sensors are right beside each other on the header since the cat is no longer there to read clean and dirty.this allows to bypass what the o2 is reading and not throw a code.

mike

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have a race header an 02 cheater on my Focus, it's been on for about 2k miles so far and no problems

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have the steeda 4-2-1 and have o2 sensors installed no problems...gotta luv the raceheader...also match the flexpipe too! your car will thank you for it

·
Registered
829 Posts
Either way you are fine...with or without the o2 cheater. I ran the FC Race Header with no o2 cheater for a month(4K miles) with a CEL and no problems. Then put the cheater in and it was the same just no light. Now again I am running without it with a light. The race header freakin rocks...you will have nothing but grins the first week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts