Ford Focus Forum banner

race header help

446 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  02ford 
#1 ·
I installed a race header yesterday and i have a prob. the bracket that holds the flex pipe and stock cat doesnt reach far enough back for the new header to reach it. the header is about 1-2 inches farther back.
any info?

#5 ·
there is a triangular plate holding the back 2 tubes one the front of the header, also the palce where the flex and header meet is 1.5 inches from the bolt area.

#7 ·
i called modern performance, they told me to call focus central, i did and they are sending me the newest version of their race header, i shold get it by thursday.

#8 ·
good luck!

#9 ·
Ok...it doesn't mount at the rear bracket. There are the two bolts that the header mounts to...at the top of that bracket, bolted to the frame at two more bolts. loosen them and you should have enough play in the bracket to get the header to line up...secure the header to the bracket...then bold it back to the frame...this is how i got my ORP to fit better (it never really fit right
)

good luck...hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.