Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have the svt header that is 4 in to 2 into 1 and i have good tourq and high end power. some thing to think about.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yes. you will..

4-2-1 doesn't generate as high numbers at a 4-1, but you retain more torque in the midrange.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I have yet to dyno my car with my race header but it feels[/] as though I have gained all through the rpm range. I have the FS 4-1 header and it pulls harder as the rpm rise, but even at low rpms it has better power than the stock mani/cat did. Any low end loss is small enough to be barely noticable, especialy when one considers the overall gain.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Cameroon I see your in Pico Rivera, I went to Pioneer High, too long ago to mention. I see your using a custom Flowmaster system. That may be why your still getting some good lowend power. What series are you using? and what size pipe?

·
Registered
400 Posts
No you will not. Because you are replacing that god awful close-coupled cat, you will have gains through the whole powerband. If you're not picking up at least 8lb-ft across the WHOLE powerband, thow the header in the garbage.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have never tried 4-1 header or short headers, but my 4-2-1 (custom made but basicly a clone) gave me increase through all power band, and I really love the low end torque...

Compared to stock setup, it is allmost impossible to get any losses....

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Originally posted by bugshack:
Hey Cameroon I see your in Pico Rivera, I went to Pioneer High, too long ago to mention. I see your using a custom Flowmaster system. That may be why your still getting some good lowend power. What series are you using? and what size pipe?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm running a 30" resonator, with an unknown series flowmaster. I got the muffler for free from a coworker who had it on his civic. It was extremely loud on his car so I'd guess its a series 50. All the piping from flex back is 2.25. I still have the stock flexpipe or as I call it the "torque step flex section".

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
In SCC's dyno they gained power across the rev range with the focus sport 4-1 race header. The stock header is pretty bad in all aspects, anything would be an improvement, even that OBX crap with horrible welds and poorly matched ports.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No, you wont.

When we tested it was good for more power everywhere. It was one of those rare products that seemed to have no tradeoffs.

Dyno results here

As an added bonus it even weighed 12 pounds less that the shorty header and cap pipe it replaced.

[ 03-10-2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: techguy ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts