Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin of purchasing a race header. anyone have any suggestions, or warnings?

and assistance will be appreciated,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
1)It will be LOUD w/ the Borla.
2)Connect the EGR before you connect it to the head.
3)Try not to curse too much

4)Have fun


[ 01-09-2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: dj_kurruption ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by dj_kurruption:
1)It will be LOUD w/ the Borla.
2)Connect the EGR before you connect it to the head.
3)Try not to curse too much

4)Have fun
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i want it to be loud, iwant people to know im coming.

any suggestions on brands,
thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
I have the 4-2-1 FC header. It makes more low-midrange power. You will notice it during everyday driving.(you know what I mean, moreso than something that is tuned for more HP on the high end, lol)

The FS is a 4-1 design, and has beautiful tig welds. It makes more power on the high end. The FS costs a little more, but you get what you pay for
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
JBA has a new 4-1 header out now as well.



Not sure anyone has one yet, maybe you would like to be the first and give everyone some feedback
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">those pipes look HUGE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,226 Posts
Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
JBA has a new 4-1 header out now as well.



Not sure anyone has one yet, maybe you would like to be the first and give everyone some feedback
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not to be mean, but I saw one of these at Modern Performance. Look at the flange that connects to the flex pipe, it is triangular. JBA includes a 3-in long pipe that DUMPS THE EXHAUST right under the engine.
It will not connect to the flex pipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Originally posted by dj_kurruption:
Not to be mean, but I saw one of these at Modern Performance. Look at the flange that connects to the flex pipe, it is triangular. JBA includes a 3-in long pipe that DUMPS THE EXHAUST right under the engine.
It will not connect to the flex pipe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not mean at all, that's a good point and welcome feedback for sure


I'll have one next week and I'll have to look into it myself. Sounds like maybe JBA needs to revisit the design...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Hey while I have everyone's attention... does anyone have one of these? They're a little expensive I feel, however it appears to offer the only truly simple bolt on option for a Cat onto a Race Header... The Sean Hyland seems to end short enough to easily bolt in a High Flow Cat... and be emissions legal (since I don't have visual inspections here).



I wish I could see one in person. Anyone in the Wash, DC area with one (maybe I'm dreaming).

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by 2000ZTS:
Hey while I have everyone's attention... does anyone have one of these? They're a little expensive I feel, however it appears to offer the only truly simple bolt on option for a Cat onto a Race Header... The Sean Hyland seems to end short enough to easily bolt in a High Flow Cat... and be emissions legal (since I don't have visual inspections here).



I wish I could see one in person. Anyone in the Wash, DC area with one (maybe I'm dreaming).

Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">actually CTZX3 had the SH with a high flow cat bolted between the flex and the header. it worked well, but it is on the expensive side... VERY expensive side.

Nate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
its funny they seem huge till you take it outta the box and realize how small your engine really is...

anywho i have the steeda 4-2-1 i love it and have to say that running it for several months now i have not triggered a CEL with both O2 sensors installed...not to mention the EGR was located in the correct spot where as i hear on some other headers they are not.


i have to say this must be a picture of the prototype cause mine was hella nicer than this!


[ 01-10-2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: iamgod ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
hey enemy ,

Ive got the 4-2-1 FC header with a magnaflow....and lemme tell you ...this sucker is L...O....U...D!!!!
nice power , just dont use it with an AEM CAI....see my other post under team tech!hahahah

but if loud is what you want , go for it..install is a peice of cake.The only prob I have is that its rusting now after like 6 months.I dont know if this could be avoided though.

cory
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top