Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a Focus Central Race header on Monday and I want to make sure im gonna get every thing i need. Im gonna get the header, & o2 cheater. do i need anything else? Also what is the consensus of the FC Race Header? how long should the install take also? and finally do i need any special tools? am i leaving anyhting out?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
got a buddy who's sellin his cheap? only was on the car 2wks? have u already ordered, just a thought. their r many people on the site who use some derivative of this header, and most like it after its initial quality issues were ironed out as of last note.

-Ult

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what else do i need? The header O2 sensor, header accessory kit. that it?

just wanna make sure I have everything i need.

thanks,

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
just the appropriate tools 2 do the job...i'm guessin ur header comes w/lower gasket, if not, more than likely use ur stocker.

if u dont feel comfortable...hit up a jetter in ur area thats done it 2 help u. while i use a trick 2 get around it, when u go 2 do it, rent a o2 sensor tool 2 remove ur 1st sensor from ur stock cat, its in tight space that a wrench doesnt play nice with.
also if u have a 1 1/16" wrench, great, if not a crescent (adj.) will do....2 work the egr pipe off...DO NOT work on the inner nut (farthest in the cat), loosen the outer nut only!!! or else u'll twist the pipe, or break it all 2gether.

take ur time, good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not that i dont feel comfortable. its just that i want to make sure i have every thing i need to do the job right the first time.

thanks for you info UltegraSTI,

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm surprised no body has said this, but you will probably want to buy a new flex pipe. That is the piece inbetween the header and the catback exhaust. You can order it from www.focussport.com and I know there are a couple of other places. Its an extra $1XX but it is worth it I think.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also is there anything i need to worry about after install, any hoses get in the way? also do i need to torque the head bolts to a specific ft #?

thanks,

·
Registered
729 Posts
im not sure what the torque specs are for the fc header. I do know what it is for the FS header (Don't know if there is a difference.) torque the bolts to 20 ft./lb. maybe a little more if you're more comfortable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts