Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know ,what race header gets the most HP and torque???
what's better flex or offroad pipe??

i am going to put a Resonator in to quiten it down. to many old people and piggs in the naples,FL.

on a scale of 1-10 how loud will a race header,magnaflow Exaust,offroad/flex pipe and redonater be????

[ 11-24-2002, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Graham ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
If you get a race header you will NOT need a Off Road pipe... The race header will replace the stock exhaust manifold and the stock cat and connect to the flex pipe...

I would highly reccomend the FS Race Header and Flex Pipe combo..awsome sound, finish, power, and quality and comes with all new bolts and flex pipe gaskets...you must order a new Exhaust Manifold Gasket from your local Ford Dealer for like $7 totally worth it since you will have it apart!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Graham,
As FocusOnMyZeTec indicated, the offroad pipe is not necessary with a race header, it's meant to be used with a short "street" header setup as a cat eliminator pipe.

So, if you are going with a race header, upgrading the flexpipe to the Focus Central 2.25" flexpipe at the same time is a good idea. Also as you are probably aware, you can get Magnaflow resonator/mufflers to install in the middle of your catback to quiet it down if it's to loud.

How loud will it be on a scale of 1-10, with and/or without the resonator, hard to say. I haven't had the opportunity to hear any Magnaflow and race header setups, with or without the resonator. I've heard some other setups, no resonator, and I would have to say maybe 7 on the scale, but my scale might be diffent than yours

BTW, be sure to check the Sponsor Deals section of this website, there are some pretty good sales and exhaust combo deals going on right now

Don't forget the O2 cheater / MIL eliminator to prevent your check engine light from coming on since you won't have a cat anymore.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
shorty header (or stock)/ORP/flex/catback

or

shorty header (or stock)/Hi-flow/flex/catback

or

shorty header (or stock)/stock cat/flex/catback

or

race header/flex/catback

-Ult

·
Registered
46 Posts
how good is it to get a race header in a stock focus with 2.5 inch pipe and no resonator. does removing the cat turn any check engine lights on.thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have the steeda 4-2-1 race header flexpipe and magnaflo exhaust...for 1 the steeda hasn't been mentioned much on the jet but after using for a couple months i love it! the car sound is loud 1-10 i give it cruising (5) punchin it(11) i have been pulled over (for speeding)
and when it idles its just as loud as any other normal aftermarket exhaust...but when you put your foot down...well my woman can hear me coming from literally 1/2 mile away!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by focus-on-me:
how good is it to get a race header in a stock focus with 2.5 inch pipe and no resonator. does removing the cat turn any check engine lights on.thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It does produce a CEL, that's why you get the o2 cheater.
It's good to get the header anyways, however you should get it with the flexpipe combination just to save time.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have the FC race header, FS Flex pipe, 02 cheater, and Magnaflow catback. It's been on there for several thousand miles now and no CEL. The Magnaflow, although one of the quietest systems available got pretty damn loud with the addition of the race header. I added a 31" round resonator (muffler) and it's nice and quiet again. The header is real nice and the performance is really great, especially in the low end and mid range. Torque is great and the car drives awsome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts