Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which header to go with? I have heard great things from the focus central and the focus sport. In your opinion which would be the best for the buck?

Drew

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the newest FC race header. I wanted a tri-y for mid range power. The FC one has been know to crack and/or rust. So far so good. It was a gift, so no money out of my pocket.

The new FS has those yummy tig welds
No major problems that I've seen. I'd get the FS 4-1 race header b/c FS customer service is #1 in my book. Now only if FS (cough**randy**cough) would make a 4-2-1 and offer both for sale.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with the fs do you need the 02 cheater and all that such as the fc? Also do they offer the off road pipe?

Thanks for information

Drew

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes, you 'need' an O2 cheater with any raceheader (unless you remove the EGR). But, you don't need an offroad pipe because:

raceheader = shorty header + off road pipe

You will, however, 'need' a flex pipe, which fits between the raceheader and your cat-back exhaust. Good luck!

[edit]spelling, punctuation[/edit]

[ 01-26-2003, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: SuperMatt ]

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the information guys

Drew

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ult, do you have the kamikaze header? If so how the quality and what kind of numbers do you get from that header.

Drew

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would say that the Kamikazee header is the best for the buck. I got mine on ebay for two bills and I LOVE the big ass collector.

·
Registered
292 Posts
id go with the focussport, i love mine. you dont need a cheater. some cars will set off the CEL some dont, you can have a chip burnt to eliminate the CEL if it does come on.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
You really can't beat the quality of the FocusSport.

But I won't be spending alot of time in the
upper end, so the gains aren't were I want them to be.
That being said, I only had one other choice
when it comes to a header. 4-2-1.
It helps maintain, and add, HP and TQ
down in the mid-low range.
Now if FS offered a 4-2-1.....I'd hit it

[ 01-26-2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: KonaZXIII ]

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
We have our 4-2-1 race header finished and wanting some one to do some testing on it

And we have differant tubes hooked together as well ??????

Hope to have some numbers next week

it is a FULL stainless header and welds are as nice as any out there

tom

[ 01-27-2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: 1turbofocus ]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Tom... Do you do the welding? Or do you have another shop do it?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll take a try at the new header tom, u got pm.

Drew

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by FocusSportVP:
As I recently posted in the FS Forum, we should begin production on a 4-2-1 design soon. And yes, it will have the same kick ass welds.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Randy, do you have estimated time period when this header would be available?

Drew

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
What exactly is the difference between the 4-2-1 and the 4-1 (besides the obvious)

It seems that a 4-1 would have less restriction and therefore would be better? But I guess this isn't the case???? Anyone care to explain for me, who knows sooooo very very little 'bout the exhaust system?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts