Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know how many of you have race headers and have not gotten in trouble for having them. In the US, we get in trouble for having race headers, but I was just wondering about other places.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was also wondering if they pass inspection. If not, then it looks like I'll have to get someone to make it pass

·
Registered
560 Posts
i have not gotten any problem YET, I've had the header (FS race header) for 4 months already, I've driven in front, side by side, or behind a cop few times already and they didn't pull me over coz of the sound...
as for emission, since I don't have to do emission yet so I have no idea about that!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a kamikaze header and do cat, it's not bene on the car long though.
It's very noisy and the police will pull me if they hear it...
Emissions wise, going by UK law, even if you pass emissions without the cat (which is possible) you have to have it on there regardless. I don't think they actually do a visdual inspection though.

I need to do something to quieten mine down...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
i've looked into a race header, but i leary of the sound of 1 even w/my bosal and silencer.

-Ult

·
Registered
452 Posts
i heard someone say on here before that they had race headers and not cat and they passed emissions, im not sure how, but they did...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts