·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Re: Turbo Tom Smack Talk (geeeez)

FS or Marcyor PW wouldnt of had a chance but who cares they didnt show up , I guess i wouldnt want to run against me either LOL ( woosies )
I'll drop that chump like a bad habit.. Hope he brings it to the time attack in December, we will see what Walter can bring to the table as well as ScottishSVT and Stout. Im sure the three of us will not woose out.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts

You guys do realize he just does that to get everyone spun up............

·
Registered
4,604 Posts

I hope Tom like F2, FocusSport and Marcy can make it to the next [FJ] Track Attack in late summer or early fall.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Basically everyones "favourite" tuner had some things he wanted to say, in the normal Tom fashion. :rolleyes:

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
FocusSportVP said:
I just got wind of this, I don't check out FF anymore. What was this all about? Looks like there isn't even a thread there. :dunno:
Tom was just calling out all of you that didn't attend the Mid-Ohio event. Nothing new there. :p :lol:

Seriously, I appreciate that Tom showed up. It was nice to have as many Foci there as possible. And, I know people enjoyed seeing his cars in person and on the track.

BUT... what no one is mentioning is that the track is only a few hours drive from his shop... not 2+ Days like it would have been for the West Coasters. If the shoe was on the other foot, I hardly think that he would have made the trek if it was at Willow Springs.

I wish the West Coast crews could have made it but I understand that they couldn't. That's why we scraped calling it the SFS and turned it into a more basic "Focus track day". In the end, people had fun and we opened some eyes to the potential of the Spec Focus series... and the Focus in general.

Anyway regarding the link above, from what I've been told, it sounded like a Focus Power vs. Marcy Motorsport grudge match was forming before the thread was unceremoniously yanked.

If that happens, FJ will be there with cameras rolling! :D I'd love to see it. :p Just let me know where and when guys and I'll book my airfare. ;)

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
ZX3autoxtasy said:
Good lord... He's crazy.
Crazy FAST!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The man knows his stuff and his cars have proven themselves on many occassions in various arenas.
They are Fast AND Durable.
At Jetfest, Tom had a shifter cable come loose.
I've seen that happen to various SVT's, so you can't attribute that to him.
Tom is a DRAG Racer.
He enjoys the roadcourse, but it's not his forte'.
Nonetheless, his cars are always the fastest Focus' in attendance whenever he shows up.
I DOUBT he will head west for any events due to a handful of personal family issues that would not allow that lengthy of an absence from home.
BTW, Mid-Ohio is more than "a few hours" from Tom's.
It's At Least 13 hrs if not 15.
:)

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
He really should just let his products speak for himself. And I don't see why you feel the need to make excuses for him. He mocks and belittles the west coast shops because they can't make it but as you said if it were on the west coast he probably would not be able to show as well. :rolleyes:

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Well its good he showed and ran. The more the marrier.

However for some of us that booked airfare lost money, hired private driving training for the location (ex F1 Tommy Burne) had a great friend commit to support and fly out and then have it cancelled. His comments are not appreciated. I really dont even know the guy and dont like him.

He also mouthed off about Walter having a driver. Well guess what, having a driver gives the builder feedback. You have more problem solving, and non biased opinions. Walter knows that my job is not to sell his product, but to help get his product better. It will sell itself.

Our focus right now is getting a car that will compete in the open class of FWD in the "Time Attack" between Walter, Scotty and Airforce we hope to lay some pain on the import tuner crowd.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
02_smurf said:
edit: Not worth the arguing over him.
I missed what you said before the edit, but please don't read any attitude into what I typed.
All will be revealed fairly soon, and it will rock the entire issue.
:D

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
MichaelXi said:
It's At Least 13 hrs if not 15.
A Mere 10, by google's estimate (and thats conservative at best) 1 long day on the road. Leave @ 8am, arrive @ 7pm at the latest.

Left coast however?

10 hours won't even get you to Albuquerque from here.

Please, Michael, don't make this out to be a "well they didn't want to show up" like Tom is attempting. The left coasters, myself included, lost a LOT by this falling apart. Money, time, effort and energy that cannot be made up.

Both my brother and I had taken time off work, that couldn't be "released" so I had to burn vacation days that could have been better applied elsewhere.

I passed up other opportunities, professionally, to attend this (a weeklong training course out of state for a system we use) because the dates would have overlapped. (my choice, obviously).

For you to say "well the left coast could have made it... Tom did" is ignorant.

Why didn't Ray and the McNews Crew show up then? I speculate, Tom only showed up because he knew it was safe. He knew he wouldn't have egg on his face, so sure he was eager to show up. Why'd it take him so long to commit in the first place?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I think it's a good idea for aftermarket companies to have test drivers for testing. They will give the best feedback.

It’s too bad the event didn’t work out for everyone at Mid-Ohio. That track is a difficult track to learn on the fly, and the tuners that had the drivers that turned the most laps at Mid-Ohio would have done the best no matter what product they had. To make my case, Tom’s car had around 330hp or so, but he was only able to turn a time 2.4 seconds faster then Leo in a 150 hp Spec Focus.

I think the car that would have done the best time at Mid-Ohio would have been a car with a great suspension and with around 280 HP and with a driver like Leo who has a lot of experience at that track and has great skills too ;) But, all we can do is say what-ifs now.

Hopefully we can get all the Tuners at an event and have a friendly competition. This would be the best for all. “My car is faster then yours” can only go so far on paper (or the net). We do know one thing... On that weekend in Mid-Ohio, Tom had the fastest time. We'll see who the fastest is at the next [FJ] Track Attack.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
BUR_ZX3 said:
Left coast however?

10 hours won't even get you to Albuquerque from here.
I understand that...
I just didn't want anyone getting the impression that it was only 4-6 hrs away.
That Google 10hr thing is an underestimate.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
02_smurf said:
Wasn't with you, Tom's not worth arguing over. Or wasting my time.
Whatever your opinion if HIM, his WORK speaks for itself.
The reliable power that he's gotten out of a Zetec, (As well as the EXTREME "Living on the Edge" Power"... #'s to be disclosed at a later date... ;) ) is Impressive to say the least.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.