Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 16inch Kosei's i got from the tire rack back in april....i got them mainly cause i was assured they would clear the SVT brake with no problem....they do which has led to to wonder if 15s will fit. First off i know everyone and there mother has told me NO 15 inch wheel in the world will fit and after looking at the clearence i have with the kosei i think there must be some sorta wheel out there that'll work.

First of all spoke clearence doesn't seem to be the limiting factor....it looks like the top of the caliper hitting the inside of the wheel might cause a prob though.

Most of the this started when i was watching Tim o'neil in his "SVT Focus" (even though i don't see any AWD cosworth built turbo svt foci around
) on speed vision SCCA pro rally coverage. He had what looked like 15s. Turns out he runs some sort of 4 piston racing setup and not the real SVT brake setup.

So will 15's fit?? Does Anyone have a large selection of 15's in a 108 bolt pattern to do some testfiting.

Maybe Todd from TCE and CY from Tirerack can pitch in.
i can't think of 2 guys that no more about the wheel wells of our cars

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
A friend of mine works on a Club Rally team that runs a true SVT Focus. They've got some sort of rally-spec 15" rims that WILL clear the stock SVT brakes. I'm not sure of the brand, model, offset, or width... I'll have to try to find out more next time I see him... Maybe even get a peek at their car.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yes Charles is correct, there is a rally specific 15" wheel that will fit over the SVT front brakes. I talked to Mr. Scott that drives a Group 2 SVT Focus in the SCCA Rally series. I asked him what size wheels he runs and he said 15's. I asked him if they cleared his brakes he said yes. They are a rally design and that clear the brakes ok, there's not much cleaance but they fit. He told me some of the Subaru guys run 320mm brakes with this style of 15 and have no problems. There "compomotive motorspom" I think, it's hard to read the words on the pict I took. He said you can get them from some place down in Calfornia. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Did some more digging/searching. Found a website for you, www.usacomp.com Compomotie Motorsport Wheels. They offer a wide range of styles and sizes of wheels.

I was wanting to find this site but never got around to it. All I needed was a little modivation, and this post was what I needed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I was wondering about this myself. I have a set of 17" Team Dynamic Pro-Race 1 wheels and they seem to have so much more room then the stock SVT wheels. The TD Pro-Race 1's also come in a 15" size and I was curious since my 17's have so much more clearance I wonder if the 15's have more clearance too. They would be a nice wheel used for racing since they are fairly light and not too costly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the reply's!!!
\
As they say the plot thickens....One of my local autox clubs is heavily involved with Kuhmo tires, they had a huge 2 day event a little while ago with an amazing baquet with guest speakers from the Kuhmo Tires Race Tire divison...they sayed they would be releasing a "Hoosier killer' within a few years called the V710
See the V710 here

so just a few days ago my club announces that the V710 will be ready to go for the 2004 season
Some V710 info

So of course the FWD guys get the shaft with only 1 FWD size a 15incher coming out with the first batch......so G-stock SVT Focus running DOT slicks on 15inchers
hmmm the plot does thicken

·
Registered
702 Posts
...so G-stock SVT Focus running DOT slicks on 15inchers
hmmm the plot does thicken
Ummm, I don't think you can do that. First, since the SVT came with 17s you have to use a wheel "...that is the same width and diameter as standard, and as installed it does not an offset more than +/- 0.25 inch from a standard wheel e car." This was taken from the 2003 rule book. Things may be diff. in the 2004 edition but I don't know.

As for tires it says no racing tires, but I'm assuming that means non-DOT approved tires.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G-stock rules in canada allow running a smaller diameter wheel if one prep point is take(1 point allowed in stock)
Also G-stock up here allows any DOT legal tire.....The kumho V710 WILL! be DOT legal....the 2 cheater groves make it DOT legal

up here we have the same rules for offset must be within .25 of an inch of stock.....6.3mm i think. i still think i 15 could fit even if the offset can't be more than 6mm off from 49

1 - 9 of 9 Posts