Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had issues mounting a race header? I mounted mine and I have like a 1"-1.5" gap between the RH flange under neath and the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
are you doing the FC race header?

Supposevly that mount that the stock cat goes into moves if you undo some bolts, but i just didnt even use it, i didnt think my FC race header was supposed to, but nader says i guess that mount can be slid back to fit...so who knows

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it to fit (I bolted the wrong thing first. Doh.)

Now I got a problem that the FC flexpipe is longer than stock and pushed my Borla backwards. Now the flanges are rubbing against my hangers. buzzzzzzz. Going to a muffler shop today to fix tht.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
Now I got a problem that the FC flexpipe is longer than stock and pushed my Borla backwards.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have the same problem, but my exhaust is rubbing against my WW rear lip.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i have that problem with my random tech cat...its longer than the stock on so it pushed everything back ind is causing something to vibrate...gotta track it down...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
I got it to fit (I bolted the wrong thing first. Doh.)

Now I got a problem that the FC flexpipe is longer than stock and pushed my Borla backwards. Now the flanges are rubbing against my hangers. buzzzzzzz.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I also encountered the same problem where my exhaust was touching my WW rear lip. Luckily I managed to drive to the exhaust shop before the lip began to melt. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
i have that problem with my random tech cat...its longer than the stock on so it pushed everything back ind is causing something to vibrate...gotta track it down...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's probably like mine. When it pushed my exhaust backwards, the flange of the exhaust ended up pushed up against the exhaust handers which got a nasty chattering underneath my center console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts