Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in a long time, and most people probably don't remember me, but I felt I should let everyone know... that I have strayed.

Rachel, my 2001 Focus SE 5-speed, partial Euro conversion, has been traded in.

She has been replaced by Monica, a "laser blue" 2003 Mazda Protegé ES. Rachel just wasn't working out for me... didn't have the equipment I wanted (like cruise, ABS, etc.), and the constant brake jobs were eating through my wallet. Two of my friends have 2003 Foci... one with 16,000 miles, one with 6,000, and both desperately need brake jobs. Not a good sign. In the end, it came down to a toss-up between a 2003 ZTS Centennial edition (due to my loyalty to Ford) and a 2003 Protegé ES... the Protegé won out for its superior warranty and seats that don't kill my back. And hopefully Monica won't need a brake job at 9,000 miles like Rachel did.

I still like Foci a lot (I owned and loved one for nearly two years). Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great time on the forums at the Jet. I'll still check in from time to time.

Take care, and thanks for reading.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I am sorry to hear that your Focus had problems with excessive and early brake wear.Anyway enjoy your new Mazda Protege ES which is a nice car
.Keep in mind that Ford owns part of Mazda so your loyalty remains.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
damnn!! I remeber you from wayy bacckkk just cuz of your screen name..I remember when you tricked everybody one time with a thread like Rachel is hurt or sumthin like that and everyone thought it was your GF..hahah good stuff! nicee tradee!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
How does Rachel feel about Monica?

And why are you picking names from the TV Series "Friends?"

·
Registered
733 Posts
Are you driving around with your foot on the brake pedal? I put 80,000 miles on my 2000 ZX3 and only put front pads on it ONCE. My 2002 ZX3 has 26,000 on it and still stops like the day I bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts