Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody just to add to my long drawn out SVT story. My car has been at the dealer since Wed. and on Fri. they replaced the whole steering Rack. It was clunking if u turned it while sitting and it felt loose and sloppy while driving down the road. You would also feel a slight shake through the front end on small bumps.

Also i showed my dealers SVT rep the stumble that the car has around 2k and he said a Ford Rep is in town and will take a look at it. He also said that over in Dearborn they're sick of this problem and want to figure it out so they're gonna be using my car for some testing down here. They want to release the next ECU update ASAP and make us stop our griping hehehe.

I'll see what happens later today.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Re: Rack and Pinion Replaced

Say it isn't so Joe!!

I am sorry to hear about the rack and pinion now going adding to the list of things gone wrong to your SVTF
.Hopefully they will correct the problem once and for all.BTW, how is it going with the DSB with Ford on taking your car back for a refund?

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well the dispute board in my region is looking at my case this thursday during their monthly meeting. But i have to call my case worker as she has something to tell me before the meeting. I think she's going to offer me the refund, which sadly i'll have to take.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,009 Posts

If that is the case, then how is the refund going to affect all the mods you have on your car? If you still have the stock rear bumper, you can't just bolt it back on since you had to cut the beam, can you?

If you JUST get a refund, will you lose money on your mods?

·
Registered
340 Posts

good luck with everything! are you getting a mini to replace it?

from what i've read in the past, you may be able to claim the mods. i think i remember someone else here on the jet getting money for mods along with his refund on his zx3.

i also just sent my paperwork into the dsb. honestly, i'd be happy either way; with a refund or a new svtf. a silver svtf with a sunroof and euro package would be nice, aside from all the problems i know i'll have with it of course

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If that is the case, then how is the refund going to affect all the mods you have on your car? If you still have the stock rear bumper, you can't just bolt it back on since you had to cut the beam, can you?

If you JUST get a refund, will you lose money on your mods?
I haven't gotten that far into the process cause they haven't technically offered the refund yet. But Andrew who has already gone through the process was told if he just provides reciepts that they will pay for all mods.

Plus the Rear bumper will go back on the car find without the american re-bar. I still do have the Euro Re-bar under it but even if it wasn't the bumper would still bolt up to the car fine. It doesn't have any attachment points to the rebar.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

good luck with everything! are you getting a mini to replace it?

from what i've read in the past, you may be able to claim the mods. i think i remember someone else here on the jet getting money for mods along with his refund on his zx3.

i also just sent my paperwork into the dsb. honestly, i'd be happy either way; with a refund or a new svtf. a silver svtf with a sunroof and euro package would be nice, aside from all the problems i know i'll have with it of course
Just be careful though, i found out that the insurance (at least with Geico) has gone up significantly on the 03's. Thats basically the main reason why i made a pretty final decision on the Mini S because it would just cost too much to get an 03 SVT.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well i went and picked up my car today. Of course as i do the walk around before driving it away i find a huge bump and swipe on my right rear EURO BUMPER!!

I swear it is so frustrating. Well the dealer see's that its their fault and is willing to fix it no problem.

The steering feels so much better now and so does the drivetrain. Replacing the rack and engine mounts have it feeling pretty much like new. Only problem is the steering still feels pretty weird and its tracking worse than ever. So she'll probably be back in the shop next week. Almost feels like all of this is useless especially if the Dispute Board refunds my money.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

Geez Joe that is bad news that they damaged your SVTF while being repaired for the rack and pinion
.Just add it to the list with Ford showing that the dealership has no concern in getting your SVTF back in proper running order.Anyway good luck with the DSB with Ford and I hope you get it resolved soon.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I know how you feel mine was damanged to by the dealer
. The car had like 500 miles on it then. I still have to take it back to get fixed again the paint is not real good looks like they painted it out side
with all the bumps in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts