Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some inexpensive racing seats to replace the horrible OEM units in my 2003 ZTS. I know that Ford wants seats that will fill everyone, but I'm 5'9 and have a 31" waist, and these fee like they are for a 300lb person-I move all over the place. I read a while ago about Ractive seats(under $500 a pair) and that they do offer brackets for the Focus. All the other seats I've seen are way too expensive-I need a daily driver seat that is reclinable. Any info on these seats? I want to get the seats and brackets at the same time. Thanks-Andy

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the R-1 racing seats in mine, 425 a pair, and they work great with the sparco seat bracket made for the focus. you only have to drill 2 new holes in the brackets. works great. only took me about 2 hours to install mine and l love the way they feel and look, and everybody who tries them out seems to like them as well.
ractive wouldn't be bad neither

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I love the stock seat. I guess it could have something to do with the fact I am 6'2'' and 250lbs lol fit me just fine!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
the sedan seats are different than the zx3 seats. the zx3 seats have more side bolster which hold you in whereas the sedan seats just let you fly all over the place.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
This is VERY true. My buddy's sedan seats suck compared to my ZX3 seats.

·
Registered
267 Posts
OK...looks like some of you guys have put aftermarket seats. Well, I just put in some SVT seats (passenger side, driver won't come in till end of the week). Anyways what did you do to eliminate the airbag light? The yellow one that flashes 3X stops and 3X etc.. The wiring harness from the stock zx3 is totally different than the SVT. Any input would help. Thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses guys-one huge question: Can these seats(as well as the Pep Boys ones)work with the stock seat belts? I don't want to get a harness since my car is a daily driver. Thanks! -Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
restarting a thread sorry if u all hate me

i just got some ractive 7200 seats and need to mount them in a 2000 zx3. any idea what bracket to use?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
If you are going to buy seats, buy some good ones. Don't buy cheap seats they won't do you and good. They will wear out fast and you will be replacing them again.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You can use any seat bracket spraco momo ect.If your short in height check with sparco or corbeau, they made tall brackets for smaller drivers.

Hommie-sure he could spend abought $400 more on a set of sparcos, but most drivers on the forum want them for looks not racing,so a set of pep boys specials will hold up just fine in terms of durablity,just speaking from expierence.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
What is the point of having racing seats for daily driving? It seems like it would be uncomfortable to me. If the stock ones wear out I would just have them fixed. It may cost a little more, but I think it would be more comfortable. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
401 Posts
Some say stock is comfy,some say sport is comfy,but true fixed back racing seats are bad for daily driving,but this is just my o2.Not trying to be rude or anything.
Ever since I hurt my back last year,my stock sedan seats made my back hurt like crazy so I switched to a set of adjustable bucket seats,no more back pain and better support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i already have the seats as i said
they have adjustable back, are comfy and used for agressive daily driving, they look good and are comfortable. and i can guarentee u cant get a pair of sparcos for 400$ unless theyre used and abused or if ur paying in euros...i just wanted to know what brackets to use... i found some brackets that fit weapon r and sparco seats want to know if the ractive will fit

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
You will most likely have to make your own brackets. Or buy some universal ones to see if those will work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts