Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good place to mount my radar detector, instead of putting it on the dash where the hot sun makes the glue come off it often. I cant mount it on the windshield b/c the suction cup thingy the cups tore off. any ideas?

thanks,

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cmon anyone???

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I dont have a pic, but I mounted mine with the scution cups just left of the rearview mirror. I then ran the cord up under the headliner, down the a pillar, and under the dash where it is hard wired into the fuse block.
Been there for 10 months, saved my ass many times!!! Because its high enough to get a really good line all the way around the car.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
go get new suction cups, and get a black vinyl strip for the top 4" of your windshield. Now you have a little shade, more or less.
Take the fuse holder in line in the radar dectector wiring, and solder two wires off of it, making sure that you shield them (heat shrink tubing)... now you have to find a remote access power... ground the cable that goes to ground (duh) and tap into your fuse box for a hot lead that's on via the ignition switch. I used *(runs outside to check) 52, which was unused in my car (heated seats or something).

Now that you have power, run the wire up the A pillar close to the headliner and mount near the A pillar, or run the wire to the headliner and run it near the rear view mirror.

It's stealth, and comes on when the car is on.

·
Registered
729 Posts
my buddy velcroed his to the top of his rear view mirror,,,got extra wire ran it along the top of his windshield and wired directly into the fuse box...looks clean,,,and u cant see it from the outside

·
Registered
222 Posts
i put mine under my registration and inspection stickers on the left side. held it there with some duct tape. worked fine until stupid canadian police took it and gave me a $170 (can) fine. i was just 15km from the border goin 95mph for the last about 30 mile on the qew, when undercover cops (2) got me, lukily nuthin for speedin cause i slowed down before he turned on his gun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts