Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bomz CAI and it rained like hell today and whenever I opened her up I stumbled from 4500 RPM up
...can anyone help me solve this problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since I already purchased this one I was kind of looking for a solution on how to possibly modify it...maybe shielding it somehow or re-routing it.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
bypass valve

·
Registered
452 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
bypass valve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">plus to let all know that DONT understand, if you use the filter that comes with the bomz intake with an AEM bypass valve you are doing yourself in the butt, the filter doesnt have as high of a flow as an aem filter and is causing resistance which is going to make the bypass valve remain open anyway, pressure will be relieved through the easiest route.

the best solution for the bomz i would suggest is cut off about 6 inches of the end of the piping to raise the filter a little, get an aem filter, plus a heat shield to guard splashing water, and a bypass valve, this solves the solution and any possibility. just my two cents

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by FOCAL X:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
bypass valve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">plus to let all know that DONT understand, if you use the filter that comes with the bomz intake with an AEM bypass valve you are doing yourself in the butt, the filter doesnt have as high of a flow as an aem filter and is causing resistance which is going to make the bypass valve remain open anyway, pressure will be relieved through the easiest route.

the best solution for the bomz i would suggest is cut off about 6 inches of the end of the piping to raise the filter a little, get an aem filter, plus a heat shield to guard splashing water, and a bypass valve, this solves the solution and any possibility. just my two cents
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The AEM filter is a rebadged K&N

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Originally posted by FullyFocusedMan:
I have a bomz CAI and it rained like hell today and whenever I opened her up I stumbled from 4500 RPM up
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's why I sold mine.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I sold my AEM cai for the same reason. Best solution would be to sell the intake and get the volant.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
why the **** are you 'opening her up' when its raining anyways?

****tards.

[ 03-21-2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: sh0velman ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts