Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering who sells high compresion pistions? i'm having trouble finding some on the net. thanx.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
what do u have done? and where do u wanna go w/ur car? dependin on those answers...diff CR piston designs 4 this car can b had, mostly thru custom application pistons made 2 ur desires. however they come at 'custom' price.

-Ult

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i plan on going n/a i got a fs cat back, fc down pipe, fc udp crank small, fs wires, fc tb, mac short ram, and pro flow 70mm maf future plans are a shorty header, chip, camshafts, cam gears, and new higher compreions pistion or have the head milled i wanna go to some where from 10.0-1 or above compression do you have any suggestions how to better this combo??

·
Registered
745 Posts
youll need a port & polish job...also going NA i would suggest a balance and blueprint with a built bottom end and better springs/titanium retainers so you can spin happily in the higher RPM's...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Originally posted by iamgod:
youll need a port & polish job...also going NA i would suggest a balance and blueprint with a built bottom end and better springs/titanium retainers so you can spin happily in the higher RPM's...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
How much does all of that cost? Especially the blueprint?

·
Registered
409 Posts
check out Tom's website (he is 1turbofocus if you didn't already know).
www.focus-power.com
He'll get you whatever compression ratio you want.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you have the alum cylinder head milled about 60-70 thousants you will raise compression about a full point and not change the pistons. Do you have spare head to work on while all this work gets done. I have one for sale. Let me know.

arty
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no sorry i'm not in the market to buy another head right now i was just thinking i could swap out the pistons myself and save the cost of machine work i'm just looking for some cheap horse power

1 - 11 of 11 Posts