Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she be! 4 Hella 4000's (2 Pencil Beam, 2 Euro Beam) and 2 Hella 500 Fog lights. I have many other pics at Imagestation! Each 4000 is 2 million candle power (That would be over 10million candle power after all the lights are on at once).....Its absolutley insane! Its like turning on the sun at night. Took me quite a while to do it. A guy I know who works at a machine shop built the bar...But I took all of the measurements and made the blue prints for the project. I mounted the bar to the car myself in our shop at work.

^^Hehe....Thats the girlfriend (Caitlyn) cleaning the floor.......she wanted to do it....she said it looked fun!!!

This bar is extremely stirdy...Its 1/4in steel. Galvanized coated and painted with silver Rustoleum paint. I weigh 180lbs, and I sat on it....it didn't move!

Thats just a few of them....PLEASE tell me what you think. I have more pics on my Imagestation Album.

The car is mostly stock. After paying for the lights, I don't have too much money for anything else right now. Next I'll probably do skid plated and then suspension.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Re: Rally Lights!!!!!! (2001 Silver ZX3)

...and the Lord said, "Let there be light", and there was light, and the light was good

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

Haha... nice dude.

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts

Oh god I'm blind! Supa cool!
That'd be sweet for some of the back roads 'round here
I give it

·
Registered
6,553 Posts

hehe..that's crazy!

What do you think of getting some st170's or 02-euro headlights to complete the all round light look you've got going with all those fogs? I think it would look mean, especially the dark colored st170's.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

wait... ur gunna drive that around? lol thats great gunna blind so many ppl at night.
hot [censored]

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

hmmmm, give me enough time and im sure i could come up with some 500 watt landing lights for ya lol

Im sure the crew chiefs out on the line wont miss them

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

OHHHHHH she was blinded by the light...revved up like a focus another roamer in the night...LOL couldn't resist. Nice lights brotha....Peace

Lox

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts

FINALLY!

something i can use to get back at all those trucks and SUVs

·
Banned
3,562 Posts

FINALLY!

something i can use to get back at all those trucks and SUVs
Haha...now all you have to do is make it retractable so they can't tell that they will be blinded...hehe

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

put some on the back too for all the SUV's that tailgate.

is that even remotely street legal?

did you upgrade your altenator?

what size cable did you use to power those? (with a relay, of course)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

is that even remotely street legal?

did you upgrade your altenator?

what size cable did you use to power those? (with a relay, of course)

No, its not street legal......But I'm driving the car like I normaly would......I doubt any Troopers or Sheriffs will give me a ticket if I use them wisely (meaning I turn them off as soon as I see another vehicle coming at me). Besides, I don't flash people with them....Not only is it rude, but its extremly dangerous. I can probably kill sombody with them if I really wanted to. All I need to do is drive at somebody with those lights on....they can go off the road and kill themselves. I have them wired up to my highbeams anyways.....I can turn them on and off when I am driving with my highbeams on. I have a switch wired up for the 2 pencils and the 2 euros. As soon as I hit the switch to turn on the low beams from high, every light goes off. They can only be toggled when I have the highbeams on.

No, It is the stock alternator. I just bought a better battery. Its a Die-Hard Gold. The stock alternator will power almost anything for a very prolonged amount of time in that little car. Its a 100amp unit. Most vehicles of that size come with a 60 or sometimes 75. But we Focus owners, we get the good stuff!!

They are powered with 8 guage wire. Each light has its own fuse and relay. The fog lights, are powered with the stock wiring and stock foglight switch (foglight mod has been applied). I just spliced the wires together....They work great. Not only are they fog light lenses, but they have H3 85w PIAA Ion Yellow foglight bulbs.

The 4000's each have H1 130w Hella bulbs. The pencils shine about 6000ft and the euro beams shine about 4000ft. The euro lights as well have the 5w city driving bulb as well, which I do not have wired up yet because I want to splice the wires properly, instead of using a cheap plastic splice crimper. The light are extremely bright, and I can see extremely far. The bar is very stirdy.....I just get a few vibrations when hitting road bumps at speeds 20mph-40mph. Its not extremely bad. I have to buld a couple of support gussetts to get rid of the vibration. It doesn't bother me....so I'll wait on that.

They kick ass. They are WAY much brighter than the 4 500's I had on the front with the old light bar I have had in the past few years.

All in all.......It rocks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Careful with those on the road. I want to see some night pics of those bad boys! They need a drooling graemlin

·
Registered
556 Posts

i hate tailgaters

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

i didn't realize our alternators could dish it out. sweet man. nice job on the wiring (i'm sure). i like the individual relay / fuse thing, and the 8awg wire. must be bright as day.

·
Registered
361 Posts

That's soooo ricey, doood! (j/k)

Looks awesome! Nice job on the install.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts

1 - Looks great. Glad to hear that you did the wiring right. Did you use weatherpack conectors?

2 - Marry your girlfriend. If she thinks washing the floor is a good time, you will NOT find a better girl no matter how long you look!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

wonder how your charging system feels about this.

-Ult

1 - 20 of 84 Posts