Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

yesterday I watched WRC in a long time, actually since I moved over here 7 years ago. And I need my memory refreshed.

I was actually watching Rally Deutschland and saw that the whole race was divided into stages. Now this sounds familiar from last time I watched it, but are all WRCs like this?

So the winner of the race needs to win all stages? Yes/No
Or can the team still win the race even if it comes in anything less than first on every stage?

I knwo I know...I shoudl know that [censored], but I can not remember to save my own life. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
So the winner of the race needs to win all stages? Yes/No
No.

Or can the team still win the race even if it comes in anything less than first on every stage?
Yes, consistency counts. Finish high enough on every stage and you could win the event even without winning a stage. Not sure if this has ever happened in modern day WRC but it's possible I suppose.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just some history on this topic. Jutta Kleinschmidt won the 2001 Paris to Dakar Rally and never won a stage.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
[quote}

Yes, consistency counts. Finish high enough on every stage and you could win the event even without winning a stage. Not sure if this has ever happened in modern day WRC but it's possible I suppose.

[/QUOTE]

Considering that championship points leader Richard Burns hasn't won an event all year, but yet leads the points for the championship, I'd say thats a great example of this theory!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts